Cure for Misplaced Fear
by Wangari Murathe

"Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. (1 Peter 2:17 E.S.V)

Fear is an emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. Healthy fear of danger is good because it induces the "flee or fight" reaction that ensures our survival. Healthy fear of the Lord is good and wise because it keeps us humble and contrite in relation to our maker and protector. "As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;" (Psalm 103:13). It also keeps us moral and righteous.

But there is fear which does a great deal of harm, especially that which is borne out of hatred. And this situation arises a lot in politics where politicians manipulate the electorate by instilling fear of their opponent's culture, belief system and perceived policies. They create a climate of euphoria based on misplaced fear. Success of these manipulations denies people the option of making a better choice from a position of understanding and respect. Like George Washington Carver said, "Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within eventually destroys the hater".

Let us work on finding out the real truth on every matter and not be blown away by biased opinions of those who selfishly want to keep us ignorant. "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)

*****
The world we see that seems so insane is the result of a belief system that is not working. To perceive the world differently, we must be willing to change our belief system, let the past slip away, expand our sense of now, and dissolve the fear in our minds. William James
*****


Copyright Wangari Murathe. All rights reserved.
Wangari Murathe has a passion for inspiration and empowerment through Christian writing. Visit  http://www.faithfood.net/  for more Daily Devotionals and inspirational Christian stories and articles. She can also be contacted at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print