Worship and Reminiscence
by PamFord Davis

Thanksgiving week is a time of counting blessings, praising the Giver and gathering together to celebrate. Memories of Thanksgivings past fill my head with both nostalgia and sadness. My family circle is no longer intact; Mom, Dad and Donna celebrate above.

How well I recall Mom's busy preparations for our holiday meal. With the frigid temperatures of upstate NY, she stored the turkey in the seldom-used front door entry. Dad retrieved it and carried the anticipated treat to Mom in the kitchen. Soon roasting and basting was underway.

Under towels, Mom had set aside fresh baked pumpkin, cherry and mincemeat pies. The holiday menus were humungous: turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, butternut squash, turnips, cranberries, midget sweet pickles, tossed salad and hot butter rolls. As Dad led in grace, we bowed to pray.

"And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way, always having everything you need (2 Corinthians 9:8a HCS)." This year, I count my blessings, bow in humble worship and reminisce.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print