Thanksgiving Dinner Dilemma
by PamFord Davis

My older sister Lauree and I briefly shared an upstairs apartment over a Chittenango, NY furniture store. Looking back, I realize what a cozy corner we claimed. It had a small kitchen, separate dining room, bedroom, storage room that served as a guest room, and living room with a picturesque view of Main Street in the village. While there, Lauree and I played the role of hosts to our family's Thanksgiving dinner.

Now, for my dinner dilemma A few days earlier, I had a tooth extracted. That is bad enough, but the occurrence had an unexpected complication. I had a dry socket and excruciating dental pain. I sat at the table with my Mom and Dad, older sister Lauree, younger sister and brother, Gayla, and Gary. I watched them eat one of the most anticipated family meals of the year. I wreathed in pain. Thankfully, following our meal, I saw our family dentist for repacking and medication.

"No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18 Living Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print