God Is Not A Weapon
by Stephen Vattimo

As my poetry and writings are getting more exposure, I am receiving challenges from atheists who try to assert that the arts are no place to express religious beliefs .
I feel that history would prove them wrong. Some of the greatest master pieces in art history were painted with religious themes. Art was used to teach the Holy Bible to an illiterate population, during the dark ages .
It is my belief that the work of a true artist , is the expression of their soul.
So if my work did not express my faith in God, either I don't truly Know God,or I am not a good artist. I will let you decide that for your self.
Many Atheists have been sharing poetry,and other material with me,trying to open my eye to all the atrocities that have been carried out in the name of God, and Jesus's name, through out history. They share their material with me as if I were an uneducated blind believer, who did not know about the dark side of Christian history.
So they site this history in a mantra ,and use it to defend their belief that God is not a true higher being beyond our comprehension, but He is a man made Idol that was created to control and oppress people,to steel their wealth ,and to explain the unknown.
My belief is that God is a real person,who nature is absent of evil in his thoughts , speech,and actions. But humans who have become his follower,or masquerading as one, have sin in their thoughts,speech,and actions.
Here are three reason I believe atrocities are carried out in the name of God or Jesus: A person is masquerading as a Christian, to the use the name of the Lord to oppress,or steel from people.

A Christian tries to accomplish the work of God,without obeying the teachings of God's word. Instead they try to do God's work using human philosophy.

God word teaches us in Mark 12:30-31 (New International Version, 2010)

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[a] 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] There is no commandment greater than these."

Does this command of God teach Christian to oppress,steel,or kill their fellow man?

You decide.

Stephen J. Vattimo Written February 23,2011

https://www.facebook.com/groups/surealworld/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print