Be Still!
by Karen Anderson

The world is moving at a super nova speed all day long and it seems to never end. How do you keep up with the mad house that is called "your life"? God did not make us to be on constant RUN MODE.

I, personally, am a list maker and it has created major stress, guilt, and shame in my life. You would think this action would give you a sense of reliefhey, you are showing your ability to organize and prioritize your day. When I was thinking that way, I was living in a fantasy world. It doesn't always work the way you think and when it doesn't, everything seems to fall apart. Have you ever felt that way?

Can you see God in heaven looking down on your "To Do" lists and just smiling? I can imagine He is thinking, "All you have to do, beloved, is ask." Sounds simple doesn't it? One thing I want you to remember is that through your busy day with lists or whatever you use, God wants you to take care of yourself. He made you to work to the best of your abilities but He also told you to rest. God's word says, "God my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows; you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessings. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life."

It is time to get God involved with your busy day. This is not as hard as it may seemtalk with God throughout your day and ask for His direction. What you will find is that you are doing God's list instead of yours and you will find the pressure is offit is an awesome feeling. Guess what, He even includes rest time during the day if you need it. I'll tell you the biggest relief for me is staying in tune with God. When days don't work, it's because I put myself in charge and once again, I MESS IT UP. The most important key to doing God's List is to LISTEN FOR HIS VOICE. It will not come as a thunder bolt but as a whisper.

" Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper..."

I know that living moment-by-moment with God is the medicine for a lousy daydoesn't that sound refreshing? I want God to take control of my day, you should too. When things work out it is not a co-incidenceit is a God-incidence, the real deal. Make the commitment today to work God's List and not yours.

PASSAGE: Psalm 23 (The Message)
1 Kings 19:11-13 (NIV)


Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print