Who Dat?
by PamFord Davis

Amram, who dat? There are many names found in the Bible that we quickly recognize. I'm ashamed to say I did not remember the name of Moses' mother. Yes, I know the story of her placing baby Moses in the ark, and setting him afloat in the Nile. I'm not good with names and I simply did not remember hers.

Amram had amazing faith. She trusted the life of her son to Jehovah God. She is the epitome of trust with a capital T. She hid her infant son from the Egyptians and when that was no longer possible, she brought him out in the open, in view of the Pharaoh's daughter. Her trust paid off in reach dividends. Soon the babe was back in her care.

"Then Pharaoh's daughter said to her, 'Take this child away and nurse him for me, and I will give you your wages (Exodus 1:9a NKJ)." Honoring Amram's trust, God not only saved Moses from death, he allowed her to nurture him in his most impressionable years (Exodus 1:9b-10a) and she received payment for her acts of love. Who dat? Amram, a woman of tenacity and trust.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print