Beat That Distraction
by Marie Grossett

Distraction comes in all forms; it could come from people, finances or work. Distractions are there to stop you in your tracks from achieving your God given destiny.

But what are you going to do about these monsters? Are you going to be like Jane who is putting her dream on hold or are you going to be like Susan who says "Despite what is going on in my life right now, I am going to pursue my destiny no matter what obstacles are thrown at me. I am going to focus and not allow these situations to affect my future."

When I was at the second stage of my book process which was submitting it to publishers, a close friend and I had an unpleasant exchange and our friendship ended. Then I had trouble financially and the icing on the cake was being betrayed by a family member.

Was I distracted? Yes I was I would be lying if I said I didn't get unfocused with my book process, in fact for two weeks I stopped submitting my manuscript to publishers. But then I had a change of heart and decided that nothing will stop me from getting my book published I started to focus and just casted all my problems onto the Lord. Once I started to focus again I was contracted to a publisher.

One of my authors recently wanted to give up on her dream on becoming a full time author as she had a tough situation that was unbearable for her, she just wanted to give up so she could concentrate on her problem and once that was sorted she will get back to writing again.
I encouraged her to carry on despite her situations as she has a bestselling manuscript and sometimes we give up just when we are about to get our big break. Always keep in mind that obstacles come just when we are going to get our breakthrough. Now my author has a contract with a major publisher had she given up her dream would not have come into reality.

So next time an obstacle comes your way to disturb your destiny stay focused don't let these monsters affect your future. Convince yourself you have the strength to beat that distraction.



Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print