A God of Overdoing
by Jeff Ferris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think (Ephesians 3:20a KJV)

In a society laden with minimal energy and nominal efforts, it is refreshing to find someone who exceeds the basic standards. It is encouraging to encounter anyone who works and lives beyond the realm of human indolence. Many want to invest nothing and gain everything. The least amount of trying is sufficient.

This is not so of God.

In the above verse of scripture, we see that God is not Someone Who offers us the bare minimum. He isn't satisfied with tossing out a few breadcrumbs here and there. Instead He significantly goes above and beyond because that is where His authority abounds.

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.
(Ephesians 1:21 KJV)

Personally, I would be content if the bible said that God could work abundantly. This would tell us that He does things to completion nothing lacking, no shortfalls, no missing ingredients. That would all be good enough for me.

Knowing God can go beyond completion and exceed abundance is even more encouraging. As many high-energy commercials have said: Wait there's more!

Not only is God able to do these things according to what we ask of Him, He can do them beyond what we can even think, beyond what we can dream, beyond what we can imagine!

He is not a God of minimal effort.
He is not a God of breadcrumbs.
He is a God of overdoing.

While we might sometimes feel helpless and situations may appear hopeless, God is able to exceed the fixes of our biggest problems and the workings of our brightest wishes. And not only is this something He is able to do, it is something He is willing to do. Otherwise He would not have taken time to promise it in writing.

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:21 KJV)

(This article was published in Pathway Christian Newspaper March 2012)
www.pathwaycn.com

email Jeff Ferris at:
[email protected]
or [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print