A Walk With God
by Jeff Ferris

On a summer morning in 2011, Pastor Lee Hill of Weston, Ohio awoke with a refreshing and inspiring thought that if Adam was able to walk and talk with God, in the garden, why could he not also?

After all, God is no respecter of persons. (Acts 10:34)

This began a new routine. Each morning Pastor Lee arose at 5 a.m. to walk and to pray. As he strolled his one-mile route, he did sense the presence of God and felt more close to Him than ever.

However, as the summer wore on, Pastor Lee began to experience moderate back pain, which soon became quite agonizing. This made it difficult for him to walk, but he continued.

Though his steps were more careful and his pace was slowed, he walked, he prayed, and God walked with him.

Daily, Pastor Lee was seen by neighbors, John and Janice, whom he did not know at the time. (Later they would recount that they observed him as "an old man who was barely able to walk", much less a mile every day).

One Sunday morning, the pain had delayed the Pastor's walk til around 8 a.m. He was barely able to make it a few hundred feet to his neighbor's driveway. The pain became so intense that he could not stop the tears. As he winced passed their property, John and Janice pulled out and began to drive off. They were on their way to Dayspring Church, in Bowling Green, Ohio.

As they passed the grimacing man, John and Janice felt they should turn around and inquire of his wellbeing. Accordingly, Pastor Lee somehow knew they were going to do just that, and he intended to ask them to take him home, as he did not think he could make it on foot.

Pulling next to him, Janice asked if he was okay.
"No!" he answered.

What happened next was a great surprise to the suffering Pastor; Janice asked if they could pray for him.

Without hesitation, he replied, "Please do!"

It was how John and Janice prayed that surprised him, even more. The couple immediately asked God for a miracle of healing for his back.

Pastor Lee felt nothing noticeable happen, at first. He watched as John and Janice turned around again, headed for Bowling Green. Before they got to the corner, he began walking with full, even strides.

He had no pain! None, whatsoever!

Later that day, Pastor Lee sent an e-mail to the couple's Pastor, telling him what had happened and how the couple had stopped to pray for him.

He then concluded the message with this question: "Is this not what God meant by us BEING THE CHURCH, outside the four walls of a building?"

Pastor Scott Estep's response was: "YES!", and "AMEN!"

To that we can further ask: Is this not also an illustration of God walking with us as we choose to walk with Him?


You shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you (Deuteronomy 5:33 New KJV)

(This article was published in Pathway Christian Newspaper July 2012 Divine Intervention Series)

www.pathwaycn.com

[email protected]

email Jeff Ferris at:
[email protected]
or [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print