Daylight
by Jeff Ferris

I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night is coming when no on can work. (John 9:4 NKJV)

Not everyone who is lost is lost because of darkness. Not every voice that cries for help is concealed in the night.

Those we hear and those we see, and those we pass on any given day; it is they who are easily forgotten and blatantly ignored.

They scurry down the sidewalks and they shuffle down the isle of our church. They are visible, yet they are lost. They are audible, but remain unheard.

We have hands but for a little while, to touch them. And we have feet that are momentary, to step into their pathway. Our eyes can see and our mouths can speak, but only for a speck of time.

If our heartbeat persists for a thousand years, it is but a fragmented moment in all of eternity. Our strength will fail and our bodies will faint, but we have today to work. We have today to make a difference.

The sunlight is upon us; let us not slumber in its presence. We are illuminated with knowledge; let us not become forgetful. As the seasons change and the day fades into night, so also will our lives change. And so will our opportunity to work.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. (Romans 13:11&12)



(This article was published in Pathway Christian Newspaper March 2011)

www.pathwaycn.com

email Jeff Ferris at:
[email protected]
or [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print