Persistent Voice
by Jeff Ferris

There is no escape when the Lord speaks; He always comes with an arrestment of our understanding Oswald Chambers


Car trouble. That was the last thing on Robin Rokosky's mind when she set out to run her Saturday morning errands. Why would she consider it? Her car was running beautifully. Yet, as she cruised the highways and surface streets of her native city of Toledo, Ohio, she clearly heard these words:

"Robin, get your car checked".

Instinctively, Robin perceived it was the voice of the Holy Spirit, but she shrugged it off. As she drove further, she heard it again.

"Robin, get your car checked".

The instructions seemed quite odd, if not misguided. There were no warning lights displayed on her dashboard. There was no pulling, rubbing or grinding. No rattles, squeaks, thumps or knocks. No vibrations or engine hesitation. All was well.

Robin pushed the accelerator and continued driving.

A short distance later: "Robin, get your car checked".

With much driving yet to do, Robin preferred to ignore the strange command. She wanted only to complete her errands and go home with no interruptions in her schedule for an unnecessary vehicle inspection.

Everything is fine, she reasoned. I am not getting my car checked.

But God would not be silenced; His voice persisted.

"Robin, get your car checked".

The words grew louder, but it remained calm and loving. "Robin, get your car checked!"

After miles of audible torment, Robin finally gave in.

"Fine, I'll get my car checked", she said aloud. She then drove to the location of her regular mechanic.

When she asked him to check her car, the man quickly reminded her that it was Saturday and that they were not open for repair work.

Robin immediately became a persistent voice to the mechanic, as God had done with her.

"Please, you have to check my car", she insisted. "I just know something's wrong".

The mechanic sighed and relented. After looking under the hood and wiggling a few wires, he said everything was fine.

Robin could not be so easily convinced. "Would you please take it for a test driver?"

When the man got inside the car and started the engine that was when it happened. The car battery exploded! Robin and the mechanic jumped in fright at the intense sound. Both were stunned by the unlikely occurrence.

After a moment, the man shook his head in disbelief. "If that had happened while you were driving, you would have lost all power", he said. "I'd hate to think of what might have happened".

Robin doesn't dwell on what could have occurred if the battery had blown up while she was driving. Instead, she is grateful God had warned her and that He remained persistent in doing so. He refused to give up and go silent, even when she turned a deaf ear to Him.

Obeying the Holy Spirit is now at the top of Robin's daily to-do list, no matter how many errands she has to run.




(This article was published in Pathway Christian Newspaper July 2012 Divine Intervention Series)

www.pathwaycn.com

email Jeff Ferris at:
[email protected]
or [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print