Uniquely You
by Jeff Ferris

Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
(Matthew 10:30 & Luke 12: 7)


I was never the most intelligent kid in school; nor am I today. Yet, there is one thing I know and understand quite well: you and I were uniquely created, handcrafted and individually wrapped by a wonderfully loving God. So much so, that even the very hairs on our heads were all numbered.

This simply refers to His intimate participation and detailed involvement in our lives.

No one shares your fingerprints. No one matches your DNA. You are uniquely you.

With that, I often wonder why we expect the same outcome to our trials as that of the next person. Why do we anticipate matching results to our own set of circumstances?

How many times have we witnessed two individuals experience similar tests or hardships? Yet, their outcome or lessons learned were quite opposite.

This suggests that we are not all going to experience the same results to our spiritual trials due to the unique individuality in which God has created us.

Is it really faith to believe that your affliction will be miraculously healed because the other person's was? Or, is it merely a presumption?

If our hairs are all numbered, if our fingerprints and DNA are matchless, can we not say that, regardless of the outcome, our trials are tailor made as well? Can we not conclude that, whatever the end result, God is still God and He is in control, no matter what?

For reasons unknown to us, it may happen that our plans and desires will not be fulfilled, while those of our friends could appear to fall together completely and without effort.

Your trial might have cost you your business; his led to a promotion.
Your have an unmended relationship; theirs is made stronger.
Your health is suffering; hers has been restored.

Are all things not seen and known by God? Do all things not pass through the filter of His approval?

Look closely; His fingerprints are everywhere, especially in our trials. In those things, He is hidden. In those things, He will be revealed. In those things, He will be glorified.

God is unquestionably, ultimately and uniquely involved with each intricate detail of our existence. Only He fully understands the necessary purpose and the exclusive outcome of all things on our personal behalf.

Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Those are the words of Jesus. With them, He immediately added: Fear not.

Don't be afraid of the outcome of things present or of things to come. God is involved in a unique and personal way.




(This article was published in Pathway Christian Newspaper January 2012)

www.pathwaycn.com

email Jeff Ferris at:
[email protected]
or [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print