Accepted Just As You Are
by Karen Anderson

There is something in your home and work that is all-revealing. It is relentless in its continual observations of you. It will show you every kindness, happiness, joy, awe, and wonder but it can also show sadness, cruelty, anger, depression, and whatever else you can think of. It can be heartless in its reality. The only thing it doesn't show is love and true emotions. You guessed ityour mirror and any reflective surfaces in your home. This item can be a rude awakening of your humanness and flaws. How many times have you looked in the mirror to walk away in disgust, because your hair's not right, you're heavier than you want to be, or you now have a blemish on your face? You may feel like something is always wrong with you and wonder who could ever care about you.

If you think about it, you know there is someone who cares for you, imperfections and all. Remember that your Maker took delight in the mere idea of you before you even existed. His Word says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth."

It really bothers me when I hear others putting themselves down, saying that they can't do anything right, or they must be the dumbest person in the world. Don't you realize, dear ones, you are forgetting about the God who made you? He is perfect, and He don't make no junk. I personally feel that when you put yourself down like that, it's like slapping God across the face with the judgment of yourself. Instead, you should be thanking Him for making you unique. There is no one like you! You are special! In His eyes you are precious!

Now is the time to accept yourself for how God made you. Get on your knees and thank Him for every imperfection you have. This is a really liberating act. Don't worry about what other may think. The only opinion that counts is God and yourself. ACCEPT YOURSELF TODAY! Live in the freedom that God loves you unconditionally, "warts and all."

PASSAGE: Psalm 139:13-15 (NIV)

Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print