Compassionate Cover-Up
by PamFord Davis

I was a regular viewer of game shows in the late 1960's, during the first years of my marriage. Among my favorites were "Password", "You Don't Say" and "Concentration." I'm not sure if watching increased my brainpower but I enjoyed the challenge. Ready to play a game?

I'll give you a phrase; you say the first thing that comes to your mind. "Cover-up." I would guess some responses were Watergate, conspiracy, and government. As we celebrate Christmas, we praise God and concentrate on Joseph's compassionate cover-up.

"Joseph was a man who always did what was right, but he did not want to disgrace Mary publicly; so he made plans to break the engagement privately (Matthew 1:19 TEV)." Death by stoning would be Mary's punishment. Joseph thought of ways to cover-up her transgression.

"While he was thinking about this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife. For it is by the Holy Spirit that she has conceived (Matthew 1:20 TEV)." The blood of God's Son covers my sin.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print