What To Do Today To Always See Good Days
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you desire to see good days in future? Good life is a possibility and can be achieved if you know what to do today. Your steps today determine your future. Everyone deserves to enjoy life, but life does not give you what you deserve but what you demand.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

It is God's perfect plan for you to see good days and enjoy life today and in future. But there are steps to take today if it is going to be a reality in your life tomorrow. You are responsible for your future. Your success or failure depends on you.

What to do today

1. Ensure you are truly a child of God

Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God - John 3:3 (AMP)

Though God loves all men, He is committed only to His own children like a father would to his own children. You need to be a part of the family of God by giving your life to Jesus, and receiving Him as your personal Lord and saviour. Your access to God and then good life is through Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life.

2. Study the word of God to know His will concerning every issue

So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified - Acts 20:32 (NKJV)

For you to see good days and enjoy life in future, you have to know what belongs to you as a child of God. And the word of God reveals your inheritance to you. When you know the will of God for you concerning every issue, you will know what situations, words, etc., to accept or not to accept. The word of God that is well rooted in you will keep you and order your footsteps aright. It delivers good life to you.

3. Pray according to God's word without ceasing

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15 (NKJV)

When you are considering what to do today to enjoy your future, a life of prayer without ceasing is very important. God says to ask if you are to receive. That means if you don't ask in prayer, you don't receive. Praying according to the word of God delivers your answers speedily because God only hears His words, not your murmuring and complaining or your cry.

4. Keep your mouth from evil

For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good--whether apparent or not] keep his tongue free from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit) - 1 Peter 3:10 (AMP)

Life and death lie in the power of the tongue. It is a small member of the body alright, but can give you good life or destroy your life. Those who know how to control it and do so have blessed lives. Therefore keep your mouth from evil and good only will come to you. You must work on it day and night for victory to be yours.

5. Only say what you want to see and have

For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says - Mark 11:23 (NKJV)

You shall surely have what you say whether good or bad. Endeavour to say only what you want to see and have. The only way to ensure you don't say the wrong things is by saying what the word of God says. Your words when ordered by God's word cause you to see good days.

6. Fast and pray

However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting - Matthew 17:21 (NKJV)

Fasting and praying, though not what many would want to do, is a very important step on what to do today to enjoy life in future. There are challenges in life that can only be solved when you fast and pray. Prayer and fasting prepares you to hear from God. It gives you time and conditions your mind to seek God's face in His word and in prayer. And it makes you sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

7. Live a life of gratitude to God, full of praises

Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You. Then the earth shall yield her increase; God, our own God, shall bless us. God shall bless us, And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him - Psalm 67:5-7 (NKJV)

A life of gratitude to God guarantees that you see good days and enjoy life. Thanksgiving and praise attract God to you anytime and anywhere. When God inhabits the praises of His people He releases His blessings upon them. A life full of praises unto God is a future full of the goodness of God.

In conclusion, good life in future is a possibility if you know what to do today and do it. When you follow the steps above your future is sure to deliver good to you. Do them today and your testimony will be the next.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print