The Power of Our Words pt.1
by mark baker



Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

It is not a coincidence that the meditation of our heart and spoken words are in the same verse and that they must both be acceptable in God's sight. All through the Bible there are references to what is in the heart and what comes out of our mouth. I often talk about faith and speaking faith, and how important it is to have our words line up with God's Word. This is so important to bringing God's will to pass; we can not fulfill God's Word if we will not speak God's Word. If we will not come into agreement with Him, how can we ever expect to see His promises fulfilled? Our meditations and our words have to be in line with His.

God is a Spirit and He created all physical substance with His spoken words using the substance of faith. God always had the faith to create the universe, didn't He? But the universe wasn't created until God spoke it into existence. God has given us the authority to create with our mouth speaking His Word. God releases His faith when He Spoke the words. He set this spiritual law into existence.

Ro.10:8-10. But what does it say? The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart that is, the word of faith which we preach; because, if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For man believes with his heart and so is justified, and he confesses with his lips and so is saved.

I would like to start out by talking about the parable of the sower. Without the sower, as the Word says how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard. The sower sows the seed that produces God's blessings. In this age we truly have the greatest privilege that any group of believers has ever had. We get to hear the Word everywhere. It's on television, radio, tapes and CD's, the internet, and faith comes by hearing.

Romans 10:17. So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

But we have to release it, or it not going to do us any good. It has to be released by speaking words. As we hear the Word of God spoken, the seed is sown into our heart. The sooner you release it, the better. Keep releasing it, keep speaking faith. That's what I want to talk about, the importance of our words in releasing our faith. When we speak faith filled words, the substance that is faith, changes the physical surroundings or conditions around us or in us. We don't always see it, just like we wouldn't always see seeds in the ground growing, but they're in the soil growing just the same, but you have to plant them in order for them to take root and grow and produce. For example, you could buy a bag of grass seed, keep in your garage and never sow it. The seed is good, yet grass can not be produced from the seed while it is setting in the bag in your garage can it? You have to sow it into fertile soil in order for it to produce grass.

There is another thing about the seed itself that I want you to think about, it's not the size of the seed that is important, It is what the seed produces that's important! The genetic make up of a particular seed is inherent in that particular seed. The seed comes from what ever spawned it, right. The plant that produces the seed is what that seed is going to become. So the size of the seed doesn't matter does it? It's the kind of seed that matters! Sequoia seeds produce giant trees that are the largest plants on earth.

Think of this as an example. We have all seen acorns, and we know acorns produce oak trees. We don't need a coconut sized acorn to get a bigger oak tree, do we? We don't need bigger seeds. The Word of God is sufficient to produce after it's own kind 100% of the time. We just need regular acorns and fertile soil, don't we!

Gods Word is the seed. It will produce after it's own kind. His Word will never return void. Gods Word is life. Life will always produce life. So you sow life and you will reap life, if you sow death and you will reap death. That truly is a sobering thought!

As Pr. 6:2 says, You are snared by the words of your mouth.

That's the negative side of it. The positive side is life.

Mt.12:37. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Jesus compared faith to a grain of mustard seed. A very small seed.

Mt. 17:20 So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
Mk.11:12. Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. And when He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. 14. In response Jesus said to it, "Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.'' And His disciples heard it

20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.'' 22. So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says.

In this particular passage, Jesus was giving a lesson on words. The disciples heard Jesus speak to the fig tree. Peter asked Him about it. Jesus said have faith in God. He was planting a seed right there on the spot, if you think about it. Jesus said, have faith in God. That Word didn't return void did it? We can say that for ourselves. Begin to say I have faith in God. Jesus said to have it, therefor we can and I receive it and act on it. In this particular passage of scripture, Jesus said say 3 times, and believe only once. I don't believe the Word of God is ever haphazard in the way it presents things, so we have to do three times as much saying as we do believing. You could read the 23rd verse like this, he shall have whatsoever -- the words that he speaks

Most Christians will say that they believe Gods Word is true. However, many of these same Christians are constantly talking about what they do not have, they speak about sickness and lack. People can only speak what is in their heart. For out of the abundance of their heart, their mouth speaks. Begin to fill your heart with the right abundance.
Don't wait until you are in a desperate situation to start. Start now! This is not Christian science, this is not mind over matter. This is not ignoring reality. This is embracing reality!!!!!! This is embracing the reality of Gods Word. Start paying attention to what you are saying. Our words are seeds, they are what will produce the oak trees or briar patches in your life tomorrow.

Mt.12:34: Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35. "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36. "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

This is all tied together, what we hear and meditate on is what produces the abundance of our hearts, and what we speak out of our mouths is the result of our hearts abundance.

Here are some good confessions right out of God's Word that I would encourage you to begin to meditate on and speak over your life and the lives of your family. I pray that you will let God's Word become your hearts abundance!

Never confess Worry or frustrations.
1Co.1:3. Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Pe.5:7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.


Never confess bondage.
2Co.3:17. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Never confess condemnation.
Ro.8:1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Ro.8:34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us
Never confess financial lack.

Phil:4:19: But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches
in glory by Christ Jesus.

Begin to declare these scriptures in the first person. Make these confessions of faith yours, and keep on saying them. But my God shall supply all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.


Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you want to be a joint heir with Christ?
If so, I urge you to earnestly pray the following prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. Your word says, "and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (Jn.6:37),

So I know You won't cast me out, but You take me in, And I thank you for it. You said in your Word, "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' (Ro. 10:13).

I am calling on Your name, So I know You have saved me now, You also said, "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." (Ro.10:9,10).

I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead for my justification. And I confess Him now as my Lord, Because Your Word says, " with the heart one believes to righteousness" and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21),

And I am saved! Thank You, Lord!
I can now truthfully say, I see myself as a born again child of God!

Glory to God!!!! Amen.




I was raised Catholic, and was born again at the age of 17. I received God's call into ministry at the age of 19 and began to prepare for ministry. I graduated from Rhema Bible Training Center in 1979.  The Lord has called me to teach.  My desire is to help all that are seeking the truth to come into a deeper understanding of what God has done for us through Christ Jesus. Olive Branch Ministries is an outgrowth of that desire.
Please feel free to visit us for more free studies and resources to help you on your journey.
Mark Baker
http://www.olivebranchministries.us

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print