Her Spirit Agreed
by PamFord Davis

The Christmas experience is much like a trip to your favorite amusement park. Shopping at the mall matches up with the Fun House. Too many Christmas parties cause the same queasy sensations as Tilt-of-Whirl. Revolving credit accounts bring back memories of Merry-Go-Round carrousel rides. With emotional ups and down, anticipation, disappointment or fulfillment, you feel you may never get off the Roller Coaster ride.

Mary, the "favored one". Yet, in flesh, she experienced an emotional smorgasbord. She feared, wondered, and questioned how. Passionately, Mary pondered. Yet, in obedience, she submitted to God's perfect will. "Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean (Luke 1:29 Living Bible)." Gabriel calmed her fears and told her of her part in the Lord's plan. "Mary asked the angel, 'But how can I have a baby? I am a virgin (Luke 1:34 Living Bible)."

Humbled, she learned how. With Holy God, all is possible. Mary could not comprehend mentally the entirety of the angel's message. The Holy Spirit, as interpreter of truth, conveyed the heart of the message to her heart. Her spirit agreed. "Mary said, I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to do whatever he wants. May everything you said come true (Luke 1:38 Living Bible)." As mother of Jesus, she would view him up on a cross, down in a tomb and ascended to heaven.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print