The First Christmas Carol
by Brenda A.

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."Luke 2:14.

Can you just imagine how they sang it with gladness in their eyes. No doubt their hearts burned with love, and they were full of joy. Good news to man had been good news to themselves.

The blessed holy angels that keep us in all our ways sang the first Christmas carol. They bear us up in their hands, lest at any time we dash our feet against stones. They unceasingly minister unto us who are the heirs of salvation, both by day and night. They are our watchers and our guardians, for the Bible says, that "the angel of the Lord encamps round about them that fear him."

Their song was brief, but, was "well worthy of angels expressing the greatest and most blessed truths. "Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace, good will toward men." They sang, "Peace on earth." Yes we still have war on earth, but one day in the future our blessed Lord will reign and the sword will be turned into a plough-share, and the spear into a pruning-hook! Glory to God in the highest!

Brenda

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print