HEADSHIP AND ITS RESPONSIBILITY (Let's Talk Family) Part 1
by James Manning

HEADSHIP AND ITS RESPONSIBILITY (Let's Talk Family) Part 1


Ephesians 5:21-23
King James Version (KJV)
21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

We live in a time when almost everyone wants to state their claim as head of the household, but how many people are willing to take the responsibility that comes with the position of being head of the household? Now, when I speak of responsibility I may be talking about something entirely different from what you might thinking of,

Let me say this up front, in the light of the scripture, it is not the responsibility of the husband to provide for his his wife and his household. Over the years I have seen one too many marriages break up because of this type of teaching, because, if a husband falls into tough times, where he may have to struggle for a while, I have heard teaching that sounds something like this, husbands, your wife security rest in your ability to care for her, and if you don't do a good job of providing for her then she is subject to becoming very insecure, and that could put a strain on your relationship that could end in divorce. And I have seen wives who used this kind of teaching as an excuse to not act Christ like in the marriage.

Now hear this, The sole provider for your household is the Lord God Himself. The family as a unit must learn how to trust the Lord as the provider. If not the one who is the head of the household will spend most of his time outside of the household working to gather provision, and what you will find yourself doing is working for money, money becomes your master.

Because your marriage and household is to be a picture of what Christ and his household is on the earth, your marriage and household must be lived in the miraculous, meaning that your marriage and household is different and should stand out from all others. And this is why it is so important that you develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit, because He is the one that can make it so.

Philippians 4:19
King James Version (KJV)
19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

God assumes all responsibility as the supplier of all your need, and you must learn how to trust him and take him at his word that he will do so. Now, that does not mean that you are not suppose to work, but what does mean is that your number one goal in life is not to make money, but it is to fulfill the will of God for you on the earth, whatever it may be.

All These Things

Matthew 6:31-33
King James Version (KJV)
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

And all these things shall be added unto you. What things? What you shall eat, drink, and what you shall put on. He is saying that you don't even have to ask the question, for God has already taken care of these things.

But seek first the kingdom of God, the place where God reigns and these things, what things, what you shall eat, drink and you shall put on shall be added unto you.

God is the sole provider of these things.

Now, kingdom headship has three levels or ranks, and they are,

1. God the Father is the head of Christ (Son and Holy Spirit)
2. Christ is the head of the Church
3. And the husband is the head of the wife.

The Responsibility of Headship

The responsibility of headship is as follow,

1. God the Father Loved The World
2. Christ loved the church as the Father loved the world
3. the husband loves his wife as Christ loved the church

The love responsibility is carried out in the following manner,

1. The Father so loved the world that he gave himself through the son
2. The Son so loved the church that he gave himself for her
3. The husband is to love his wife by giving himself for his wife, ( he lives his life to the benefit of his wife.

When people think of Jesus giving himself, they usually think of him going to the cross, but the fact is that Jesus gave himself before he reached the cross, if he had not given himself before he reached the Cross he would not have made it to the Cross to accomplish what he accomplish through his death on the cross.

Philippians 2:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.


CopyRight By James R Manning
All Rights Reserved

Started his ministry as a pastor in the African Methodist Episcopal church and later became an associate pastor in the Missionary Baptist Church. James graduated from the Word of Faith Bible School in 1983. He is a certificate holder with Rhema Bible School. James founded and pastured the Shinning L

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print