THE IMMORTALS
by James Manning

I know that this is a very striking subject; because the word immortal is used quite a bit in places like Hollywood, on the so-called big screen. But the truth of the matter is that those who are to be the true immortals here on planet earth are completely ignorant of the subject, and they are frighten away when such subject is used; as I have already pointed out, it is because of our lack of knowledge and understanding of what the scripture truly teaches.


I am the resurrection and the life


John 11:23 - 26 (KJV) 23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. 24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?


Listen to the bold claim that Jesus made; I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever live and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? And this is the question even today, do you believe this?


It is a fact that you cannot believe in, nor have faith in something that you do not have knowledge of; and this is why Jesus made his bold claim first.


Now get this, Jesus is the bodily resurrection of all those that believe; in other words, what he is in bodily form he is that for us, because we are one flesh with him, we are bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.


Ephesians 5:30 - 32 (KJV) 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.


As bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, we are bodily seated at the right hand of the Father with him, and what he is for us before the father, we are for him before the world. Jesus will die no more bodily; death has no more dominion over him. Now hear and understand; Immortality is to no longer be under the dominion of sin and death,


Romans 6:9 (KJV) 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.


Now this is something that you and I need to know; and why is it so important that we know that Christ being raised from the dead he dies no more; death hath no more dominion over him? We need to know this because as he is bodily at the right hand of the father God, so are we in this world. This is the victory of every child of God, right now, in this present evil world.


Now, don't go looking to see if you can find anyone tapping into this, you be the first, do to the fact that it is the word of God.


The reason why the people of God are being destroyed is the same as it has always been, which is the lack of knowledge, ignorance of the operation of God.


Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.


We must be persuaded of the operation of God, and what is the operation of God, the operation God says that, as bone of Jesus bone and flesh of flesh when he was buried body we were also bodily buried with him, and when he was raised from the dead bodily through the operation of faith or persuasion we were raised with him. Now answer this question for me, why are we waiting on a resurrection that has already taken place?


Likewise:

Romans 6:10 - 11 (KJV) 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The word 'likewise' is a Greek word which means in this way (referring to what precedes or follows; and the word 'reckon is a Greek word which means to take an inventory, that is, estimate:


The word 'likewise' here means in the way of the previous and what follows. The previous statement is that, in that Jesus died, he died unto sin once: but in that he lives, he lives unto God; therefore, in the same manner you are to estimate and reach the conclusion that you died unto sin once; but in that you live, you live unto God.


And what follows can be found in verse 12, which says, let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, To stop the reign of sin is stop the reign of death; therefore, to say, let not sin reign in your mortal body is the same as saying let not death reign in your mortal body; because the reign of death came as a result of the reign of sin,


Romans 5:12 - 14 (KJV) 12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.


Hear with understanding my friend, when you stop the reign of sin you stop the reign death, It is very important that we know the time that we are living in, and that it is high time that we awake to righteousness and sin not.


1 Corinthians 15:34 (KJV) 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.


Through the power and person of the Holy Spirit sin consciousness can be remove from us; now remember, sin is more that an immoral act; sin is a state of being; and as a state of being what man does, good or bad is sin or missing the mark; his righteousness is as filthy rags.


Hebrews 9:14 (KJV) 14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?


It is and always always has been a part of the plan of the father God that a people while still on planet earth would enter into implementation of this truth. That is, sin and death shall not have dominion over them because of their bodily union with the Lord Jesus as he sits at the right hand of the Father.


To deny who you are is to deny Jesus; and Jesus said that if you deny him on earth before men, he will deny you before his Father which is in heaven. This is not to say that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the father saying because you deny me I am going to deny you, but it is a chain reaction that happens automatically that when you deny Jesus here on earth before men he will have no other choice but to deny you before the father which is in heaven; because he is your completion before the Father and you are his completion before men on earth; if the father can not see Jesus in his completion as he looks upon his body here on earth, then he can not see the body of Christ in its completion when he looks at Jesus as he sits on his right hand. In other words, to deny him is to deny yourself before the Father God.


You are bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh; as he is so are we in this world.


The Father will not see you in your completion in Christ Jesus at his right hand, until he sees Jesus here on earth in his completion in you, the body of Christ on earth.


passed from death to life:


John 5:24 (KJV) 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.


The word 'everlasting' in this verse is a Greek word that means perpetual; and the word 'perpetual' is define in the following manner, 1. Lasting for eternity. 2. Continuing or lasting for an indefinitely long time. 3. Instituted to be in effect or have tenure for an unlimited duration: a treaty of perpetual friendship. 4. Continuing without interruption.


Everlasting life is life with an unlimited duration without interruption. And Jesus said that he who has faith in him shall have everlasting life. To come into condemnation is to come under the jurisdiction of the law which is the place where sin and death has dominion over your mortal body.


They who believe shall not come under the law, and sin and death shall not have dominion over your mortal body, because you are passed from death unto life. The word 'passed' is a Greek word which means to change place; you were under the dominion of death but now you are under the dominion of life; you have changed places, from the place of death to the place of life.


Now understand that he is talking about you as a man, as a man you are flesh, both outwardly and inwardly, there is an inward man (flesh) and there is an outward man (flesh) and salvation is for man, that is, salvation is getting rid of an old body for a new one, and Jesus has already received that new body for his bride the church. And it is because of this that the Holy Spirit can make your old body act like the new one.


Not under the law:


Romans 6:14 (KJV) 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.


To not have dominion over you is to not have dominion over your mortal body-mortal body, he did not say over your immortal body, but sin shall not have dominion over your mortal body. And for sin not to have dominion over your mortal body is for death to not have dominion over your mortal body because you are bone of Jesus bone and flesh of his flesh.


Romans 6:8 - 9 (KJV) 8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Take note of how he is comparing the fact of Christ being raised from the dead dies no more, and death having no dominion over him bodily with the fact that you and I are alive unto God through him and that sin Is not to have dominion over our mortal body. What I want you see my friend is that you are to walk free from sin and death, inside and outside;


The recreated spirit


: When we think of experiencing the completion of our salvation, we put everything into what we call the realm of the spirit. But there is something that you and I must understand and that is that man is flesh both outside and inside; there is an outward man and there is an inward man. The inward man is sometimes referred to as the spirit man; but that is only because you cannot see him; but none the less he is flesh. Let's look at this way, there is a top soil and there is a bottom soil, but both are soil, you just can't see the bottom soil because it is hidden.


Well, it is that way with man, he is both top soil and bottom soil; but both the top and bottom soil are the same. Both the outward man and the inward man need the life of God at this present time. There is no such thing as a recreated spirit. Your inward man is just as much in the dark at this time as the outward man,. If you don't want to take my word for it, just close your eyes and remove all external light and tell what do you have? Your answer should be darkness; the darkness that you see is what man became, and that darkness is not normal; that darkness is that of a mortal man.


It is out of that darkness that the light of life is to shine forth; and remember, what affects your inward man will also affect your outward man,


Delivered unto death:


2 Corinthians 4:11 (KJV) 11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.


The word 'delivered' in this verse is a Greek word that means, to surrender, that is, yield up What the apostle Paul is saying is that we surrender to the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. The words 'for Jesus sake' are not in the original text but were added by the translators. If you desire the life of Jesus to be manifest in your mortal body you must also surrender to his death; that is you must reckon that you died with him, that you may live with him.


Quicken your mortal body:


Romans 8:11 (KJV) 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.


The word of the Lord says, if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, then he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you; the qualifier is the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit.


Now the scripture also says, if you do not have the Spirit of Christ you are not his. So we know that he dwells in you because you belong to Christ. But you may say, but I don't feel like he's in me; it does not matter what you feel or don't feel; it's a faith thing, that is, you must be persuaded of the scripture fact that he's in you,


Romans 8:9 - 10 (KJV) 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.


The body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness; what is he saying here? He is saying that through Christ Jesus you died unto sin; therefore your body is dead; but because you have been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit is there to give life to your mortal body; that is, he will cause your mortal body to come alive with the life of God; and sin and death shall not have dominion over you.


If the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead

Romans 8:11 (KJV) 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.


He will quicken your mortal body by his Spirit that dwells in you; That is, immortality will override mortality causing you a mortal to live like an immortal; that is, sin and death shall not have dominion over you.


Hello my friend, you are a part of the generation that shall see this come to pass; everything that you need in order to be a champion is on the inside of you in the person of the Holy Spirit. This is what it means to walk like Jesus walked. Jesus became a mortal man, and we know this because he could die. He hungered and thirst just like you and I. The Bible says that he was tempted in all points like you and I, yet without committing any acts of sin; He was a mortal man that live like an immortal, sin and death had no dominion over his mortal body.



And what made this possible? It was because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was overriding his mortality causing him to live like an immortal;

He offered himself without spot,

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?


He was offering himself without spot to God when he walk on this earth through the power of the Holy Spirit as the very state of being sin without committing a single act of sin. This is the reason why Jesus could say, no man take my life away from me but I lay it down of myself and if I lay it down I will take it up again, the same Holy Spirit dwells in you and he is there to do the same for you. The question is the same question that Jesus asked a long time ago, do you believe this?



Copyright By James R Manning
All Rights Reserved


The Watchman

Started his ministry as a pastor in the African Methodist Episcopal church and later became an associate pastor in the Missionary Baptist Church. James graduated from the Word of Faith Bible School in 1983. He is a certificate holder with Rhema Bible School. James founded and pastured the Shinning L

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print