Happy Birthday, Jesus!
by Michelle Goodwine Lawson

Today is December 25. It's Christmas!! It is the day that has been chosen for all to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord. For us Christians, it is one of the most important days of the year. If it were not for Jesus' birth, there could not be a Resurrection. Today, all over the world, Christians should be rejoicing, worshipping God, and thanking Him.

Unfortunately, many of us are depressed, sad, and downtrodden. But we must remember that, no matter what the circumstances in our life are, we have a reason to be happy. If it were not for Jesus' birth, we would all certainly be on our way to Hell. If it were not for God's grace and mercy, and Jesus's sacrifice, we all would have a penalty to pay. Oh, but thank the Lord that He paid the price and gave us the gift of eternal life.

Before opening any gifts today, let us take the time to pray and say "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. It is a blessing that any of us are receiving or giving any gifts on this day.Today is Jesus' birthday. But Christmas is the only day that I can remember when guests received gifts. But what do you give a man who has everything? Certainly there is nothing that Walmart, Target or even Best Buy has that Jesus needs or wants. So what should we give Jesus today?

In Chapter 25 in the Book of Matthew, Jesus says,
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36 needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'40 "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Therefore, helping our fellow man or woman, especially when he or she is in need, is our gift to Jesus. Let us not forget that it is more blessed to give then receive.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!

Michelle "Chelle" Goodwine Lawson is a Baptist minister and Founder of NewLifeTodayBlog.com. As a professional speaker, business consultant, and survivor of domestic violence, Michelle aims to help others realize that with God's help and positive action, they can have a New Life Today!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print