WALK BEFORE ME AND BE YE PERFECT
by James Manning

Whenever the Lord God speaks of who you as the body of Christ is, and what we are to do as in this earth as the body, he is always speaking of something that is impossible with man. If man can pull it off apart from God, then we know that the origin of such an act is not of God, but it is carnal and it is of man and will not glorify God no matter how good it appear to be in our eyes.

We as a people have learned how to do everything according to routine. We go about the routine as though it is the routine that keeps us in right standing with God. In most cases the routine has become the totality of the experience that many have with God.

But it is the routine that has placed limitations on the almighty, in the bible the routine is called the traditions of men.

Mark 7:9
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye

Have you ever stopped, and asked yourself, exactly why do you do the things that you routinely do? Did God tell me to routinely do this or is it that I am doing what I am doing because it is what everybody else is doing?

The only routine that we should hold dearly to is the consistency of the truth that is found in God's word.

Walk Before Me And Be You Perfect,

Genesis 17:1 (KJV)1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, Iamthe Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

When the Lord God first spoke to Abraham with promise of a child from his wife Sairai, Abraham was 75 years old and his wife was 66 years old.

At this time the Lord God comes to Abraham once again concerning his promise to Abraham; at this time Abraham is 99 years old and his wife is 90 years old.

Abraham is most remembered by the statements that are written of him by Paul the apostle in Romans 4:17-21,


Romans 4:17 - 21 (KJV)17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed,evenGod, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.18Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Now think about this; from the time that God first spoke to Abraham with the promise that he would become the father of many nation through the son conceived by his wife when he was seventy five and his wife was sixty six; his wife sarai was bearen and could not have children; twenty nine year passed before the Lord spoke to Abraham in Genesis chapter 17 saying I am almighty God, walk before me and be ye perfect.

What I want you to see is that when Paul writes about Abraham as this great man of faith; as the man who against hope believe in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, so shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb; he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, being full persuaded that, what he (God) had promised, he was able also to perform;

Abraham was this man of faith and power for less than nine months.

He became this mighty man of faith long enough to go in unto his wife at the age of ninety and nine being fully persuaded that she would conceive at the age of ninety after so many years of beingbarren.

Everything that the Lord promised Abraham twenty nine year before, was just as true the first day that the Lord spoke to Abraham, but Abraham did not fully get it until the Lord came to him at the ripe old age of ninety nine. You see, what happens is this, when God first speaks to us we have to pass though the process of time, and it is then that we allow circumstances and other people to cause us to forget what God said or we just simply begin to doubt the word of the Lord.
So there was twenty nine years when he was not walking as this man of faith and power in what God had promised him; he did doubt and he did stagger at the promise of God throughunbelief; and ended up with a son from another woman as a result of his doubt and unbelief.

But when the time to conceive and bring forth according to all that the Lord had promised came, God provided Abraham with everything that he needed in order to fulfill his promise.

There are those of us who believe that the only way that one can go down in history as a man or woman of faith and power. is to have a long track record of years of walking in great faith; but this is not so; because when its time to conceive and bring forth the things that the Lord has planted within you; the Lord will provide you with the faith and the power to make it happen.

Therefore, fear not; and be not discouraged, because the fulfillment of what the Lord has promise you is not determined by how well you can perform in your own power; but he will provide you with what you need when the time comes; you may be stumbling all over the place but the Lord will make it happen at the exact time that it is to take place.

Walk Before me and be ye perfect:


Genesis 17:1 (KJV)1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, Iamthe Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

It was when Abraham was ninety and nine year old that the Lord God came unto him and revealed himself unto Abraham as almighty God. He said to Abraham, I am almighty God, walk before me, and be thou perfect; and then continued to tell Abraham what he (God) was going to do. In other words he was saying to Abraham; base on who I am and what I am going to do, you walk before me as a perfect man.

It was from that moment on that Abraham was to see himself as perfect and complete according to all that the Lord had promise; it was from that moment that Abraham was to see himself walking in the state of being perfect.

The Lord wants you to know that he is almighty God, and that you are to walk before him according to who he is and what he has done in your behalf in his son Christ Jesus, and all that he has promise you in Christ Jesus.

Some would say; well, there is no way that I am going to prefer to myself as being perfect, because I know my actions are not what they should be.

Now hear what I am saying with a heart of understanding, you need to know and understand that,

Words are vocalized activity.

The activity of your mouth will alwaysprecedethe activity of your body.

It is with your mouth that you set the course or direction that your body will move in. In other words, your body will carry out the activity of your mouth. It is with your mouth that you take the mastery over your body.
You control your body with the words of your mouth.

You will not be perfect in the activity of your body until you are perfect in what is coming out of your mouth.
It is when God's word become your words that you become justified and perfect in what you say.

James 3:2 (KJV)2For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the sameisa perfect man,andable also to bridle the whole body.

The word 'offend' meanstotrip, that is, (figuratively) toerr,sin

If you do not trip, err or sin in what's coming out of your mouth you will be a perfect man and able to bridle the whole body. In other word, if you do not sin with your mouth you will not sin with your body.

How is thisaccomplished? Look into the perfect law of liberty, that is the word of God and when you are speaking, speak only of yourself in accordance to what you see written therein.


James 1:25 (KJV)25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueththerein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.


James 2:12 (KJV)12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Therefore, your obedience starts with what you say with your mouth.

Let God be true:

Romans 3:4 (KJV)4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Know this, you will not be one who pleases the Lord as long as you continue to seek the honor that comes from men. You can not go wrong when you decide to agree with God through the words of your mouth.

To walk before the Lord as a perfect man is to see your self only as He has created you in Christ Jesus; in Christ he has already done the work.

Presenting Every Man Perfect
Colossians 1:28
Whom we preach, warning
everyman, and teachingeverymanin all wisdom; that we maypresenteverymanperfect

in Christ Jesus:

Now here this, in our preaching and teaching, it is our responsibility to present or introduce every man to himself as perfect in Christ Jesus. Woe is me if I present you as a lesser person than who you are in Christ.

What is the difference between Being complete or whole and being without error in ones action.

There are those who will say, to be complete and to be perfect are two different things, and that we are complete but we are not perfect, we are not without error. Therefore, let's take a look at this.

first let's look at the word 'complete',

To be complete is to have nothing missing nor broken, whenreferring to having nothing broken nor missing we are speaking in line with who one is as a living person; You are a complete person.

Having no error in your action means that you are circumspect in all your actions. It means that you will not make any mistakes. It means that you will not miss the mark nor sin.

Having said all that, now let me say that you can not have the first without the latter. You being complete, having nothing missing nor broken as a person, will give birth to a man who is circumspect and accurate in everything that he does.

To be complete is to have everything that you need to be circumspect and accurate in everything that you do.

The Holy Spirit

The Holy spirit is both the seal and the earnest that God gave to you.

2 Corinthians 1:22Who hath also sealed us, and given theearnestof the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 5:5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us theearnestof the Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13-14
King James Version (KJV)
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

God has not left us without help, The Holy Spirit is the present reality of all that we are in Christ Jesus.

He is both the seal and the earnest, Now what is a seal and earnest?

The seal,

Have you ever done a deal and after the deal was done you sealed the deal? As a seal youprobably was given or you gave a notarized piece of paper that stated the agreement between two parties, and this piece of paper was signed by both parties.

And this notarized paper also shows that you are now the legal owner of the purchased property. You are now the owner even though the purchased possession will not be delivered until sometime in the future according to the agreement.

God has given you his seal according to what He promised; and His seal is the Holy Spirit.

The Earnest

The earnest is the down payment, but the dthifference in this down payment is that it equals the full amount of the purchased possession. The Holy Spirit in you equals your future life which is in Christ Jesus.

And what did God Promise You? He promise you a new life, which consist of a new house or new body.

2 Corinthians 5:1-6
King James Version (KJV)
5For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

My friend, you have two bodies, you have a earthly body and you also have a heavenly body. Your earthly body is week and broken down. It has fallen short of the glory of God, but your heavenly body is the same body that is occupied by our Lord Jesus who is seated at the right hand of God.

Now hear this, because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit you can live right now as though you have already put on your new heavenly body. The Holy Spirit in you is everything that you are bodily in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:9-10
King James Version (KJV)
9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Romans 8:11
King James Version (KJV)
11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.


You are just as perfect right now as you will ever be. As you begin to look at who you are in Christ Jesus, who you use to be will vanish from your sight. The Lord God is saying to you and I the same thing that he said to Abraham, walk before and be ye perfect, in other words, stop seeing yourself as sick, broken and less than who you are in the Lord Jesus, for as he is so are you in this world.

1 John 3:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
3Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Now, when? Now you are the sons of God, and just as much as you are now the sons of God, you are pure right now according this hope that is in you. It is this hope that is in you that declares that you are the sons of God, and that you are now pure. Stop trying to get pure or act pure and start being who you are by faith or persuasion in Christ Jesus. I am not afraid to say it, you are perfect!!!

What's most important to you and I is our walk before God.

For I am almighty God; Walk before me and be ye perfect!!!


Copyright By James R Manning
All Rights Reserved

Started his ministry as a pastor in the African Methodist Episcopal church and later became an associate pastor in the Missionary Baptist Church. James graduated from the Word of Faith Bible School in 1983. He is a certificate holder with Rhema Bible School. James founded and pastured the Shinning L

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print