Expectation-Paramount Key For Success In New Year
by Ngozi Nwoke

Every New Year is different from the last year and so should be started on a new footing. Last year may not have been pleasant or as you expected, however, one thing that is sure is that the New Year holds the opportunity for a tremendous change. And the paramount key for success is your expectation.

For surely there is a latter end [a future and a reward], and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off - Proverbs 23:18 (AMP)

And when they had gone over, Elijah said to Elisha, Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken from you. And Elisha said, I pray you, let a double portion of your spirit be upon me - 2 Kings 2:9 (AMP)

Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it - Jeremiah 1:12 (AMP)

Success in the New Year lies on your expectation. What you expect is what you receive. Likewise, what you don't expect you will certainly not receive. I have learned from God's word and personal experience that your expectation surely comes to pass. It may take a while but it WILL come to pass.

So, the paramount question is, "what is your expectation for the New Year?"

Your answer to the above question gives a vivid picture of how the year will turn out for you. This is because it will determine your thoughts, words and actions throughout the year. Also, it will affect your strength and vitality, your perspective to people, things and places in general. Your expectation really is a very important key for success in New Year.

Having said the above, I encourage you to have big expectations. Yes, if your expectation (specifications or limitations not mentioned) shall not be cut off, why not have a big one instead of a small one? God is equal to the task.

The number one way to build up your expectation is through the word of God, which is the bible. The bible is God's will for His children. It is a bag full of covenant seeds that must come to fruition when planted in the right soil under the covenant conditions.

The word of God gives the full picture of God's expectation for His children. And when you agree with Him and hold unto it, your expectation will surely not be cut off. God watches His word to perform it.

Therefore, let the word of God be the basis for the expectations you desire to see in the New Year and hold unto them till you see their manifestation. Continuously declare your expectations. This is because you will believe them more as you continue to hear them, and the more you believe them, the more you will expect them to happen, leading to you declaring them more. What a lovely cycle! Besides, you will have whatsoever you say.

Now, Elisha desired a double portion of the spirit upon Elijah. His expectation was so strong that he followed him till the last spot. When the sons of the prophet tried to distract him, his high expectation will not allow him to give in to them. Elijah said it was a hard thing that he had asked for, but because he held unto his expectation, he received his heart desire: a double portion of the spirit upon Elijah. This was clearly manifested by the number of miracles they performed. Elisha performed double the number of miracles performed by Elijah in the scriptures.

In conclusion, success in the New Year is certain for you but you need a high expectation, which is the paramount key for success. Therefore build up your expectations based on the word of God, keep declaring them and get set for a most glorious ride throughout the year.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print