PATIENCE
by naomi Cassata

PATIENCE

Love is patient. When we can't have a turn right away, patience teaches us to have a good attitude anyways. Anyone can wait their turn, but when we wait with a good attitude we are walking in love. It's never fun to wait, especially when it's going to be a long time. Sometimes we even get angry at others if they don't hurry up. When we get angry or show a bad attitude, we are not showing love. Instead, we are saying, by our bad attitude, that we are more important than them.

Discuss:

1) During recess, Ben ran as fast as he could to the swings. When he got there, there were no swings available. He was going to have to wait his turn. But Ben didn't want to have patience. He wanted his turn right then. He began to kick the dirt with a bad attitude. He told the other kids if they didn't give him a turn he was going to tell on them.
What should Ben have done when he saw there were no swings available?

2) Mary's twin sister, Cary, was playing a game on the computer. Mary really wanted to play but didn't want to wait patiently. Ten minutes later, Cary was still playing her game and Mary got angry. Mary began to wine telling her sister to hurry up.
How should Mary have responded when she saw her sister playing on the computer?

Reflect:

Ben and Mary were not showing love by their actions. They didn't care about the others having a turn. They were only thinking about themselves. When they became impatient, their actions showed their bad attitudes. Mary and Ben should have waited their turn patiently with good attitudes.

Can you think of a time that you felt impatient with someone else? How did you handle it? What will you do differently next time?

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print