KINDNESS
by naomi Cassata

KINDNESS

Love is kind. We can show kindness in many ways: Helping someone, sharing our things, and even using our manners such as please, thank you, and I'm sorry. Showing kindness is not always easy especially when someone doesn't treat us kindly. But treating others kind, even when they don't deserve it, is love. When we say mean things to others, it makes them feel sad and sometimes angry. Love does not want us to make people feel bad. We need to be careful what comes out of our mouths.

Discuss:

1) As soon as the new girl, Kim, walked in, Beth noticed her dirty shoes and old clothes. During lunch, Kim was sitting by herself and no one was talking to her. Beth wanted to show her kindness, so she sat next to Kim and became her friend.

How do you think Kim felt before Beth showed kindness? How do you think she felt after Beth sat with her?

1) Christian was playing with his favorite red truck. His little brother wanted to play with him too. Christian yelled at his little brother and told him to go away and leave him alone.

If Christian didn't want to play right then, what kinder words could he have used towards his little brother?

Reflect:

When we see someone who is different from ourselves, we often ignore them. Beth didn't let this stop her from being kind to Kim. She thought about Kim's feelings, and showed her love by being her friend. James didn't want to play with his brother at the moment, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he didn't have to use mean words to say so. Saying unkind things is hurtful to others.

Can you remember a time when someone has been unkind to you? How did it make you feel? It doesn't feel good when someone is unkind, but often we don't think about this. How can you show kindness to your brother/sister? What about when someone is not nice to you at school?

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print