JEALOUSY
by naomi Cassata

JEALOUSY

Love is not jealous. Being jealous is when we see something someone else has and we really want it for ourselves. We aren't happy that they have something and we don't. It can even cause us to say mean things about them. Jealousy also shows that we aren't thankful for what we already have. We should always be thankful. When we see something nice that someone else has gotten we should be happy for them. Being jealous is selfish because we don't care about others being happy; we care only about ourselves being happy.

Discuss:

1) At Megan's birthday party her parents gave her a new purple scooter. It was the same scooter that Suzy had wanted for her birthday but didn't get. Suzy became jealous because she wanted the scooter for herself. When the girls went out to play, Megan was showing Suzy her scooter. Megan told Suzy her scooter wasn't that nice and that she was going to get a better one for Christmas.
Jealousy causes us to say things that are unloving to others.

How do you think Megan felt after Suzy's comment?

2) Alice received an award from her teacher for good behavior. Some of the other kids in her class folded their arms and pouted because they weren't picked for the award. Even though Andrew wished he would have received the award, he smiled at Alice and gave her thumbs up.

What do you think Alice was thinking when she saw how the pouty kids acted and how Andrew responded to her award?

Reflect:

Suzy was jealous of Megan's scooter and it showed on the outside. Her words were mean because her heart was jealous. We should never say mean words when we feel jealous in our heart. Instead we should thank God for the things He has already given us. When you change your heart and become thankful, there will be no room for jealousy to stay.

What have you been jealous of recently? When you become jealous of others how can you change your heart from feeling that way?

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print