Bragging and Arrogance
by naomi Cassata

BRAG AND ARROGANCE

Love does not brag and is not arrogant. To brag and be arrogant means to show off what you have or to think you are smarter, prettier and better than anyone else. No one likes to be around someone who brags about what they have. It makes those who don't have feel bad. Things are not important. How we treat others is most important. Arrogance is kind of like bragging. Arrogance is when we think we are the best over everyone else. Jesus was God's son but He never bragged about his power. The opposite of being arrogant is humble. This means to not think about yourself as better than others. It is shown by how we treat others, and doing things for people that no one else wants to do. Jesus was humble when he washed the disciples' dirty feet. This was His way of showing love to them.

Discuss:

1) Mandy learned a new trick at dance class. She wanted to show her friends. "I bet you can't do this," she said to her friends as she performed her special trick. "I'm the best in my class; watch me again," she said.

How could Mandy have asked her friends to see her trick in a more humble way?

2) Christopher made straight A's on his report card. His sister didn't do so well. He bragged to his sister that he did a better job than she did because he is smarter than her.

How do you think this made his sister feel?

Reflect:

No one likes to be around someone who brags or thinks they are better than everyone. It's fun to show our friends things we get or things we've learned, but when we start to brag about ourselves that is wrong. When we do a good job, we shouldn't go around telling everyone what we did. Bragging says I want all the attention and I want people to think I'm great!!! Christopher did a good job when he made straight A's, but when he bragged about it to his sister, that was mean. She didn't do so good and that made her feel bad. When you do a good job at something, there's nothing wrong with telling others about it, but make sure it's not because you want to brag.

How do you feel when someone brags or acts like they are better than you? If you wanted to show your friends something special you can do, how can you show it in a humble way? What about when you have a special toy. How can you show them without bragging?

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print