What is your legacy?
by Marie Grossett

"Well what is your legacy?"
"What do you mean?" I hear you asking.
"How do you want people to remember you?"

I was saddened to hear of motivational speaker Zig Ziglar's death. His books really inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and pursue my God given destiny. Though it's sad that his past he left a legacy of influencing and encouraging people to pursue their goals, and his work will be remembered by many generations.

Today we live in a world where people can be very self centered they have 'it's all about me' attitude. I see it myself, when I stop to let pedestrians cross it is very rare that I get a thank you, they have an attitude of 'you should stop for me I'm important.'

But as Christians we don't live just for ourselves but also for others, we must leave a good and lasting legacy. Even if you are remembered for being kind, speaking encouraging words to somebody, for being a giver, you still have left a trait of your character that people will remember you by.

It wasn't the ideal job for me when I worked as a Customer Service Advisor; I wasn't passionate about the work. My passion was to help aspiring authors but while I was waiting for God to give me my heart's desire I made a decision to still be kind and helpful to the people that I served.

I could have easily been ratty with the customers taking it out on them that I was in a job I disliked but I remembered wherever I go I am an ambassador for Christ and when I leave I want to be thought of in a good way by both colleagues and customers.

Up to this day when I see my former colleagues they tell me how they miss me and I brought radiance to the place which they no longer have. When I saw a former customer one time she told me that I was so helpful to her and she wants me to come back.

It is such a blessing to hear those beautiful words, now I'm remember for helping aspiring authors with their book process, pursuing their dreams as published authors a job in which I take great pleasure in.

Whatever you do in life always live each day doing good deeds to others, don't put off pursuing your vision any longer that book you want to write could be a bestseller and be remembered by many generations, you don't know what good encouraging effect your work will have on people.

What you do for others will be remembered so let's be of good influence and leave a legacy that will last for many generations.






Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print