WHAT IT TRULY MEANS TO BE BORN AGAIN (PART 5)
by James Manning

It is recommended that you read part 1 through 4 first.



What I am saying may not be all that popular; but I learned a long time ago that if it's the word I have all the ground I need to stand on. If anyone wants to fuss they must fuss with the Lord God; because He said it; and that's the way it is.



Every single thing that I have said up to this time is in the realm of what's impossible with man; but it is possible with God.



This is why only God can lay claim to all the glory. If I could do a portion of it then He would have to share some of the glory with me. No, this is the operation of almighty God; and the operation of God requires that you and I have faith in this operation.


1 John 3:8 - 10 (KJV) 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.



John is saying that there is no way of proving that you are of God apart from you living a sinless life.

To live a sinless life is to live free from sin; and to live free from sin is to be free from the very state of being sin.

This means that once you and I move into that abiding position it will be impossible for you and I to commit a single act of sin.

Now remember, sin is more that an immoral act, sin is a state of being; and as a state of being everything that you do rather good or bad is missing the mark, that is, it is sin.

But You Are Not In The Flesh

Romans 8:6 (KJV) 6For to be carnally minded isdeath; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

A carnally minded person is a man or woman who are always exercising their mind in the things of the flesh; and remember, whatever you exercise your mind in that is what your mind will be strong in, and this is the mind of death.

On the other hand a Spiritual minded man or woman is one who exercises his or her mind in the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:7 (KJV) 7Because the carnal mind isenmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The carnal mind is hostile against God; because it is not subject to the law of God.

What is the law of God? The law of God is the law of faith.

Romans 8:8 (KJV) 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV) 6But without faith it isimpossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The carnal mind is not subject to the law of faith; the carnal minded man is always trying to do it his way.

Faith is set on the operation of God,

Colossians 2:12 (KJV) 12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Faith says I was buried with Jesus though baptism and I am also raised with Jesus through the operation of God.

The carnal mind is not subject to the law of God.

Now prick up your ears because I am getting ready to say something that you need to be tuned into.

You can be one thing and be acting in another.

For instance; Jesus was the state of being sin but He completely lived the life of a righteous man.

The Church is the state of being the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; but she is still walking after the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV) 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Now here's the key to your victory:

Romans 8:9 (KJV) 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If the Spirit of God dwells in you, you are not walking after the flesh. How is this?

Prick up your ears for what I am about to say,

The Holy Spirit in you is everything that you are in Christ Jesus; He is you. The reason why He is dwelling in you is to be to you, for you and through you all that you are in Christ Jesus bodily.

Now you meditate on that thought; and join me the next time as we continue with this thought.





Copyright By James R Manning



All Rights Reserved



[email protected]

Started his ministry as a pastor in the African Methodist Episcopal church and later became an associate pastor in the Missionary Baptist Church. James graduated from the Word of Faith Bible School in 1983. He is a certificate holder with Rhema Bible School. James founded and pastured the Shinning L

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print