GOD'S LULLABY
by Karen Anderson

I need to close myself in somewhere. I don't want anyone to see me or even know I am anywhere in the area. I welcome the darkness but I am also afraid of the unknown that is in that dark place. In times of fear and even devastation I have felt very vulnerable and alone. I want to get out of sight of everything and everyone, even though I am still afraid. Sometimes I would rather stay afraid than let anyone know how I am feeling. On the outside I may show that perfect calm; that there is nothing is wrong. Outward appearance does not show the real, the insides which are tied up in knots. It reminds of the picture of a clown that looks happy on the outside, but his heart is breaking on the inside.

How can God deal with that? Can He really take care of everything? I think about Brahms Lullaby and the soothing and calming effect it has on a baby and they contentedly drift off to sleep. When I am afraid that is what I want to feel like. God's Word says, "Look at what's happened! This is our God! We waited for Him and He showed up and saved us! This GOD, the one we waited for! Let's celebrate, sing the joys of his salvation. GOD's hand rests on this mountain!" When I think that God will show up, even in my most vulnerable times it gives me such comfort.

This is my vision when He comes: First He has His arms open wide for me to come and join Him. His arms are large and warm. I can feel the soft cloth of His royal robe on my face. I can feel the strength and security in His arms. Then in a whisper He gives me words of encouragement. Remember, God doesn't always answer in the thunder storms, He speaks in a whisper and that is what He is doing for me at that moment. His voice is sweet to my heart, it is like that lullaby that I so crave to soothe my aching spirit.

In your times of fear, anxiety, and vulnerability run to His loving arms. He is waiting for you. He will help you with whatever you are facing. Believe me, I run to His arms all the time. Sometimes it is so comforting that I don't ever want to leave. He loves me and He loves you. NOW RUN BABY RUN!

PASSAGE: Isaiah 25:9-10 (The Message)


Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print