It Only Takes One
by Edwina Smith

It Only Takes One

Adam failed the human race by not taking his God given authority and responsibility for His actions. He foolishly took the easy way out of a decision that went bad. "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, "You shall not eat from it; cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. (Genesis 3:17)

There are always consequences to the decisions whether good or bad, think twice before you make a move that decision could cause happiness or devastation to your life.
Because of Adams disobedience and cover-up of his nakedness the consequences to His sin on mankind grew: Sin entered the world, Corruption is rampant in the land, man lost his dominion and power, separation between man and God, people have become lovers of themselves, lovers of money, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, no self-control, brutal, haters of God, treacherous, reckless, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, conceited, lovers of pleasures, rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness. (2 Timothy 3:2)

But God, not wanting to completely destroy His creation of sons and daughters sent His son, Jesus Christ. For God so loved the world in this way; that he would give up his son, The Only One, so that everyone who trusts in Him shall not be lost, but he shall have eternal life. Through the shedding of blood on the cross Christ made atonement for our sins allowing mankind the opportunity to return back to the presence of God.

All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's path to follow our own, yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all. No more animals were needed to atone our sins. Jesus was the perfect lamb who took our sins to the cross; His blood has atoned for our sins. No more sacrifices are needed. Christ finished it. The veil which separated us from God because of the first Adams sins is no more. The second Adam, Jesus Christ rent the veil and now we can go boldly to the throne of grace and mercy.

We worship and praise our Heavenly Father for giving His one son to give us life through Jesus and not death through Adam. Adam gave us physical life resulting in death. But Jesus gives us spiritual life resulting in eternal life. All it takes is just one: one to take control of their body and mind, one to have no self control, one to kill, one to heal, one to love, one to hate, one to take revenge, one to forgive, one to be disobedient, one to be obedient, one to choose life and one to choose death. It takes on person who can change the world not a whole Army, just one. Will you be that one?

Edwina Smith
I am a writer who enjoys reading and spending time with my children. I can be reached at [email protected] if you would like to have more articles.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print