Enter through the narrow gate
by Michael Hume

Jesus said "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it." Matthew 7:13

The way to heaven is narrow and needs constant, enduring discipline daily. We need to watch ourselves, by reading the Bible, prayer and other disciplines. It means being selective and taking the good and rejecting the bad. The more time we spend with God, the more easy it will be to keep close to God and know good from evil.

The god of this world attracts people to himself. Making money look appealing, fame, sex and power too. Through these Satan entices the godless into his realm. Also he tries distracting the saints into these things, but those who know their God will not go along with his whispers. It's one thing to love money, fame, sex and power. Another to being able to handle those with God and with right motives.

The world offers many things that God rejects. It often seems to say that everything is okay, and has no moral sieve. It doesn't differentiate right from wrong. It thinks all choices are okay and doesn't know right from wrong. It has no moral fibre.

According to the world whatever it wants to do is right. It does not know what justice is. It publicises and gives more credibility to evil through tv and the media. There is corruption in the world, in politics, in many places, and in the church. These are not okay with God.

God still loves everyone, but the sin He hates. Jesus would have compassion on all sinners if he met them on earth and would not condemn them.

It surprises and saddens me when people just follow the herd. Without thought. God gave us minds to think, not to blindly follow others. I mean as grown adults, not when young.

When I was in my teens I wore loud shirts with broad collars and wore bell-bottomed trousers. Due to peer pressure, but I felt really uncomfortable wearing them. Not that they're so bad. Soon the phase passed and I was back to wearing clothes I felt comfortable in.

Lot was angry and irritated within himself when he saw all the evil acts going on in Sodom and Gomorrah. God was probably feeling the same way he was.

Keep to the path God has given you. It starts narrow, and needs constant effort, but God can make it extremely broad. Meaning wherever you look you are seeing and thinking about God's kingdom, are with God and within Him. God can do that and a lot more. It's the surest, safest, best life possible on earth to follow God. Have the confidence and courage to go with God only. It's wise and be good for you in the long run.

God Bless you as you keep journeying with Jesus.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print