Flying Colors
by PamFord Davis

Do you panic when taking a test? A mind easily goes blank when feeling the stress of coming up with the correct answers for an exam. Harder still is a road test, when you have to demonstrate your ability to adapt book knowledge to on the road performance. How wonderful to hear the words of the examiner, "You passed with flying colors!" God put Abraham to the test.

"By faith Abraham, when he was put to the test [while the testing of his faith was still in progress], had already brought Isaac for an offering; he who had gladly received and welcomed [God's] promises was ready to sacrifice his only son, [Genesis 22:1-10.] (Hebrews 11:17 Amplified Bible)."

I feel my conscience pricked, sensing my lack of faith to sacrifice whatever God asks. Abraham, trusting God, was willing to sacrifice the life of his son of promise. The sacrifice went against all logic. God had promised to multiply his descendants through Isaac. How could God fulfill that promise if Abraham took his son's life, and presented him as an offering to God?

"For he reasoned that God was able to raise [him] up even from among the dead. Indeed in the sense that Isaac was figuratively dead [potentially sacrificed], he did [actually] receive him back from the dead (Hebrews 11:19 Amplified Bible)." Abraham passed God's test of faith with flying colors and serves as an example to you and me

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print