Testified to by the Spirit
by Rev. Brian Mathis

Hebrews 10:26-31,



26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The LORD will judge His people." 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.



As new creations in Christ we must understand one thing. We will experience a change in our lives, for some it is instant and for others it takes a little time and a willingness to allow God to change our hearts. In my own life it was overtime as I had been taught different things from different denominations that confused me about what God's word said and how it applied to my own life. The Holy Spirit and God's word are the only true guides to sanctification for the believer. I read this verse this morning and was burdened to share it because in my own life I have not always lived worthy of the sacrifice of Jesus; not that I was harming others, but I was living outside the word and will of God. The scripture states that two witnesses could lead you to death under the Law; if that is the case than what do you believe the judgment will be for those who continue in sin after professing Christ as lord. Throughout history we can see what kings have done to those who have become traitors to them or their country. The death of the traitor was always the end result. Once you call on the Lord you have become a citizen of His country when you turn your back on him and continue to live in the sin that only He is able to deliver you from; you will find yourself being testified against by the Holy Spirit and the Son of Man, and death will be your reward. We may fail in our life to uphold every standard that God's word lays out but to blatantly continue to live in sin means you were never really saved. You ca know tha you know, and you will find peace in that kowing. God allow this word to change a heart today and bring someone into a right relationship with You because the day of the Lord draws closer each day. Bless each of you in your walk today.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print