Good works
by Michael Hume

"We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

God's got many good works planned for each of us to do. Works of serving Him in faith, like intercession, evangelism, helping others, etc.. Work to earn a living like secular work or working in a Christian organisation.

""I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."" Jeremiah 29:11

God wants us to have hope and a future. Not be bogged down with trials and provoked to look at evil that's around. He wants our souls to sing and be free. To escape drab things and to move to new green pastures. A prosperous, hopeful and happy future.

"I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way." Mark 1:2

God will prepare the way for each of us. Whether it is significant work or lots of small bits of work. Either way God will make sure that we are comfortable where we will be going next, happy and interested. We will feel at ease there because He has made the place ready for us. Also He prepares us for the new thing He wants us to do. Being more adept with the computer for example.

When a new job beckons, God speaks more and more about it to me through scripture. When it is distant, say more than a year away, He speaks only now and again, to give an aim. I imagine He speaks to each of us in a way unique to us, or even in similar ways, yet through unique verses.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print