CLOUDED BINOCULARS
by Karen Anderson

WAIT!!! I can't see a thing. Where'd everybody go! I'm lost and I don't know where I'm at. I really need helpRIGHT NOW! Are you going to leave me to deal with this by myself? If that's the case, I'M IN TROUBLE! Do you feel like this sometimes? Does the busyness of your day stop you dead in your tracks? What are you doing that is creating this stress in your life? I want you to think about this statement Trouble WILL knock on your door. You don't have to invite it in for dinner. If I'm not careful, I will invite others to dinner, like lousy attitude, disrespect, and anything else you can name without even realizing it. I guess I need to instead boot them out the door.

I think one of the biggest problems I experience is I get sooo busy that I forget to ask God what He wants me to do. Should I BOOT or ACCEPT what's in my life? When I think about it, it is pretty silly because God can help me through anything that comes up in my path. I use this verse when everything is spiraling out of control. Say this with meNEVER AGAIN will I focus on troubles, because Jesus said, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." What a peace that brings to my heart. After I say that, I find myself breathing easier and I get a different perspective of what was happening just moments before.

I believe one of the other problems is that you and I don't listen for God's promptings. Have you ever thought about the fact that God wants you to know that He will support you? There is a verse in the Old Testament that will help you realize that God is there for you. God's Word says, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Every time I read this verse, the first thing that comes to my mind is my "soul-sister." She is in my corner no matter what and the third one that ties our lives together is God. I praise and thank God for our strong unbreakable trio. I love you too sis.

It is time to create your trio. Now that you have that in place, work on hearing the promptings from God. Make sure you know who is on your guest list tonight and at every meal. No inviting unwelcome guests anymore. Let God direct you through your day so you can answer the questions above. Once you know where you are, you can see everything, and you are found, not lost. You are now on the right road. Bless your journey.

PASSAGE:
John 16:33 (New King James)
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)


Copyright 2013 - Karen Anderson - All rights reserved. If you would like to include any portion of this article in your letter or website, you have the author's permission as long as you include the link to Karen Anderson's website - www.doablesteps.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print