4 Steps on How You Can Give God Your Best Today
by Ngozi Nwoke

Everybody appreciates a job well done. And when you receive one you feel valued and honoured. Many times we demand the best from people but then, what kind of job do we do for God? Can you refer it as your best? This article gives you an insight on how you can give God your best.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life - John 3:16 (NKJV)

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me - 1 Corinthians 15:10 (NKJV)

If some of the people who are doing such a sloppy job for the Lord were to do the same kind of sloppy job for their employer - they'd be fired before the afternoon was out - Kathryn Kuhlman

Being able to give your best at all times tells a lot about you. It determines your success in life and endears good to you. It defines the circle of people around you and what comes to you. When you give the best you can you are more likely to receive the best also from people: what you sow is what you reap.

Many people will thrive to give their best to men but won't bother much about what they give God. May be because they can't see God with their physical eyes or they think He would understand or not mind at all. But the truth is that God expects and demands your very best. Those who give God their best experience God more in their lives. They enjoy and are channels for God's power and blessings.

God showed us a great example by giving Jesus Christ as a sacrificial lamb for the restoration of humanity to her original position in God. He was His only begotten son and God gave Him for a world deep in sin, which was consistently doing things that displeased Him. He did this so that whoever believes in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life.

Now, you may ask, "how can I give God my best?" The following steps will be of great help to you.

How to be able to give God your best

1. Love God

God was able to give His only son for the world because he loves her. So also when you really love God, you will give Him the best you can. Your love for God will compel you to do whatever that will please Him, and if giving your very best will do it you will certainly do so.

2. Value God

Is God important to you? What you value you will cherish and preserve. Where you place God in your value system will determine your actions towards Him. If you value your job, you will do your best to keep it. So also, if you value God, you will do all you can to have Him on your side all the time.

3. Have a revelation of Jesus

A good revelation and understanding of who Jesus Christ is, what He did for humanity and what he is capable of doing will change your life forever. It will change your thoughts, words and actions. You will make Him number one and centre of your life. And you will naturally give him your best. Praise God, the bible gives the most accurate revelation of Jesus with the help of the Holy Spirit, so search it out.

4. Pray

Prayer is a two-way communication channel: you speak to God and He also speaks to you. Therefore, through prayers you receive the best way to please God. You also receive the strength to carry out His instructions effectively. Prayer draws you closer to God and empowers you, by the help of the Holy Spirit, to achieve the first three steps above.

In conclusion, it is possible to give God your very best. But it's not by your might or by your strength but by the help of the Spirit of God. As you follow the above steps, the Lord will empower you to give Him the best of you.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print