Help Prevent Bullying (A Laymanâs Guide)
by Richard L. Provencher

In the 50s and 60s bullying took place in the Elementary Schools I attended in Rouyn, Quebec. One day, at the age of six, I tired of the tirades against me simply because I enjoyed skipping with the girls. In fact I always preferred the company of girls to boys, even at that age.

I learned that trying to give a punch to one bully, who shifted aside allowed me to hit a brick wall instead, and brought great pain and bloody knuckles. It was not the ideal solution, and I did not dare tell my parents I tried to hurt someone. In fact I still bear the scars today on two fingers as some kind of message.

(1) I believe parents today are also not aware of what is going on, unless your child tells you. When they do please be quiet and listen carefully about how their troubles began. Who is doing it and whether it seriously affects your childs enjoyment at school or any feelings of insecurity?

(2) Parents should work with any school program, along with their child, and participate fully. If nothing changes at school or otherwise, for your child, contact the police so any further incidents can be recorded.

(3) The last resource is to take your child to visit the offending childs parent or guardian, as well as the bully, and talk about what is happening. Together they must resolve this terrible happening.

Richard L. Provencher

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print