God's score sheet
by Bolaji O.Timothy

" I know your works and your labour and your patience and how you cannot bear them which are evil.rev. 3


A man took an examination which for years , he had prepared for . He banked on his preparation and his abilities. He had put enough preparation coupled with the back up from his talents, gifts knowledge and abilities. While he sat for the examination, and the answer script was marked, he had 49%; He was surprised and sad. He had the opportunity subsequently to see some of the reasons for such a score. There were a lot of omissions, lots of wrong presentation, lots of misunderstanding, lots of wrong answers and lot of assumptions; in experience, fear and lack of tutor contributed to this.

Fourteen years later, he had the opportunity to undertake the same test again and had this score increased by 22%. Quite an improvement some people exclaimed! What an excellent performance other people said. At least in some grading scheme, he may be rated "B+"(very good) while in some "A"(excellent) however this had not ruled out that there were about 29% issues he had not handled in that examination or curriculum. These un-mastered portions, may never be understood or subsequently earn him failure in some quarters or bring across his road a limitation in his journey, career or any other area of application.

These scores were God's rating of a man at different time interval. We may be tempted to focus on the magnitude of what the man scored in God's assessment and jumped into conclusion at least he tried, but we must also look at the magnitude of what he had not mastered in the kingdom of God: Relationship with God and men, the handling of ministry, gifts, talents, understanding and commitment of purpose and money. This calls for a serious attention. Men could be seriously involved in credible activities in the church and kingdom and may be working outside the original purpose for which God created him, what do you think is going to be God's score of such life, if assessed? with respect to the depth of love, consecration and commitment how far could we have gone in the ladder of grace? There are many things we need to understand, learn, undertake and obey. If we are graded on these, what would have been the reflection of our scores? What is the degree of our obedience, when he makes a periodic check on the situation of our hearts; what is the customized and consistent condition of the heart?

How satisfied is Christ with a life is what will determine the reflection on the over all score about a man's life in God's score sheet.

Nevertheless I have some thing against you because you have left your first love".

After about 24 years of walking with the Lord, the Lord appeared to Abraham, ever faithful I shall be, but Abraham, you must walk before me and be perfect. Probably God had to project into the future and locate tendencies in the life of Abraham. He's been waiting for a child and he had lots of tendencies, he may replace God's position with Isaac when the promise is fulfilled, probably this necessitated Genesis 22:12. This level of trust was different from the level of trust reflected in Genesis. 18:18


While God subjected his children to test as stated in Deuteronomy 8:2 he would want to prove if we are qualify to proceed to the next level of dealings, relationship, favour, grace, mercy, promises and manifestation of his glory. He would not want to waste his resources though they are in abundance. He must assess thoroughly. God's test will determine God's further treatment, trust and testimony.

Cain's sacrifice was rejected; why? In God's assessment, Noah was righteous in his generation. He said this about Moses, "My servant Moses is not so who is faithful in my entire house. " Number 13:3. He was not pleased with Saul and he said I have rejected him. He testified about Job and Daniel. He told Mary, "Hail, Mary, thou hath highly favoured among women" He searches hearts, probe into their tendencies and scores them. These will determine his patience, treatment and continuation of his wonderful proposal with such life. Some he may have to reject and seek for alternative and some he will accept and pruned the more.

Tendencies

Some of us may be seriously fervent at the moment; we have probably mastered the vocabularies of the kingdom :have zeal, gifts and abilities . we may be well known and have bright future; these seems to be a good tendencies but such men and women may have bad tendencies that can mar the great work of God. God has taken it as responsibility to access and assess the heart of men. Who ever cannot permit him to access his/her heart cannot be useful for the kingdom's purpose. Valuable things in the kingdom cannot be committed in to such hand.

How easy is it for God to access your heart and how convenient is it for him to work upon it, operate from it and display his shining life. All these form parts of his marking scheme. Some have tendency to replace God with mammon, while some may want to create environment for mammon to co- habit with God, this is impossible, such attempt will score a man very low in the kingdom

A zealous and gifted man may not be free from evil tendencies; dangerous habits. It may be lying passive, but if condition favorable for such is provided, these evil seeds will germinate. it is easy for a poor fervent Christian to claim humility in this state, but let this same person be privileged with some breakthroughs, it take pride over all things even his humility! Achan Gehazi and Judas had tendency to steal and the presence of the master may aid their self control but give them the gap they will steal. They have tendencies; God cannot count on such heart.

It may be frustrating to find out that a student keep failing a course and may have to face it year after year. He or she had not mastered that course. Consider Jeremiah 18:4 A proposed vessels in the hand of God keep getting marred and each time this occur the only recommendation is "break down and remold" or alternatively "make another vessel entirely". It is a pathetic issue, that some are repeated disappointment in their areas of calling or ministry. As much as God is committed to make them a reliable and useable vessels, their rebellious hearts, impatience, distractions and disobedience just get them marred and may have to be broken again and again. They may be concluded for discard, for the necessity of human age and time of departure on the surface of this earth. God may have to raise up another vessel in the kingdom by which we have vessels in such a great house like God's kingdom with many of these types of vessels that make up dishonor vessels as highlighted in 2 Tim 2:20-21. The primary intension of God is to make vessel unto honour, sanctified and meet for master use. For obvious and hidden evil tendencies, disobedience and the likes many dishounour vessels are parading themselves in the sphere of this house, they have a very low score in God's assessment.

If the promise of several thousands of years must be fulfilled, a woman must be sought for, a virgin among many virgins? Why Mary? In God's assessment, she was the most qualified, at that moment, apart from the family lineage, not every one can hear and speak to God, she can. Not every one can allow God's interruption in her life, plans, goals and ambition. Joseph and Mary would submit to this interruption. Joseph with his wife left their native land to a foreign country because of this issue and do you think he must score low in God's assessment. A man's score will determine the degree of God's trust. His score will determine assignment and delegation. He can probe into the heart and test for tendencies.

There are instances when God will consider our commitment and consecration. How flexible are we to his control? Can our steps speed and stops be determined by him? Sometimes, he may consider how sharp our sword is and how conveniently we wish to use it upon ourselves. The type of influence we have on others, sinners, believers and the church. He may have to consider what we permit and what we reject and why? Our insincerity will score us low.

He may have proved our loyalty to tradition, norms and societal values with respect to his will as reflected in the life of peter. He could be useful else where for another thing, but he was committed to decline the Gospel of Christ be preached to the gentiles. Actually, the champion of tradition and custom will hail him "faithful citizen" but God says do not call what I have sanctified unholy God has an enlarge heart to accommodate every one despite necessary and unnecessary varieties, yet He keep along with every one. Those that need to get converted in a way he will anticipate and work out their salvation. With some he will exercise all necessary patience to get them trained. Men and women who must operate in the mind of Christ must have enlargement of heart


A song writer put it this way

He is with me in my trials
Best of friends of all is he
I can always count on Jesus
Can he always count on me

When my work on earth is ended
And I cross the mystics see
Of that I could hear him saying
I am satisfied with thee.

Chorus
I am satisfied
I am satisfied
But the question comes to me
As I think of Calvary
Is my master satisfied with me

-B.B.Mckinney

There is a level a man get to that God will usher him into an inexhaustible resources. But He must be satisfied.

Bolaji

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print