Battle of Unity
by Bolaji O.Timothy

There is the strength of one man that dreads me each time I ponder on that portion of the scripture. Samson was physically strong. No man or group of warrior can get him trapped by whatever means. But he was a lone ranger captain and he fell along the road.

Either in personal or collective challenge, responsibilities and confrontation, you do not always win, when you are a lone ranger squad! If you are the host as well as the commander, you do it all: you pivot your strength and manage your weaknesses, this had killed many great visions, the lone ranger tactics! However, there is another surprise, you have the crowd to yourself, but the labour is not wisely shared between the member of the body or family or group or church or organization or entire nation, failure and grievous disappointment is not far from such attitude and altitude.

Challenges and responsibilities are inevitable. Sometimes, they are unique, may require some special attentions. These are like wars against the emotions, spirit, health, finance family or church or group or gathering or the entire nation.

Just like the Israelite, in their journey into the promise land, fierce confrontation through the Amalakite were the grandson of Esau and were willing to discourage, destroy the Israelites on their ways. They are confirmed experienced and committed enemy.

What is the suggested strategy!

" and Moses said unto Joshua, choose us out men and go out, fight with Amalakit tomorrow, I will stand in the top of the hill, with the rod of God in mine. So Joshua did as moses, had said to him, and fought with Amalakite and Moses, Aaron and they went up to the top of the hill. And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed and when he let down his hand, Amalakite prevailed, But moses hands were heavy and they took stones and put it under him and he sat there on and Aaron and hur stayed up his hand the one in the one side, and the other in the other side. Ex. 17

Confronting a committed and zealous enemy requires the principle of sharing the burden, challenge and vision that exactly was the strategy, Moses formulated and the victory was kept constant, battle of unity will enhanced a complete victory over a committed enemy.

Many individual, family, group. churches and nations and committed partner with failure and disappointed because this wonderful principle as wonderful as it is, has been neglected. Many battles in life cannot be single handedly handled except such is willing to make friend with defeat.

There must be the Moses on the hill of righteousness, raising the staff of supplication up with his hands lifted up with committed and constant intersection. Also, there must be the Joshua the commander and host in the battle contending for the faith and truth that is once committed unto us. Though, it may seem these two groups must be Aaron and Hur at each side of Moses lifting holy hands unto the Lord, else we may record irregular or incomplete victory. There must be the stone that the Moses must sit on. All these together played an important role in the orchestration and manifestation of consolidated victory that the Israelite had over the Amalakite. Note, the war against this amalekite was that that must span into generations

Constant and consolidated victories are all one need in many endeavours yet in many instances; majorities choose to walk the dangerous roads confronting their enemies and handle strange and common challenges without the assistance of a collective effort of unity.

There are certain truth we must understand.

Gift, abilities and possession or endowment are not immunity against defeat.
You consolidate victory when everyone mans his respective place of ability and responsibility.
The arrow head on every organization, group, churches or nations will need assistance because there will be moment of his tiredness
Defeat is always ascended through our weakness
No member of a group is useless; all the members are unique and useful
A lasting victory, breakthrough and unhindered manifestation of God will be in the midst of holy people who face their challenges and responsibilities collectively, while some raise holy hands. The other contests for the truth, some aid and sustain the hands that hangs low, some bears the burden and summarily, the victory is achieved. Any organization, family, group or nation that do not know the how of sharing their troubles and tensions, test and testimonies, training and time, trust and sincere talk may never consolidate credible victory.

I had an experience and since, I love to walk where the hands are connected with vision and passion and the mind are united with such invincible bonds. We all had one focus and hope, one purpose, willing to please God. We were to take up a fellowship from some people and we started well. More than thirty times, the Lord kept saying "if you will permit me in your midst, I will do great things!" I guess He knew our tendencies with disunity. I think for a while, we did, and I must tell you, we witnessed the wonders of God for those moments. Shortly, after three months, many of us have different interest and I guess the hands of victory begin to drop down. Some noticed this, some attempted to bring it up, but not every one of us were actually doing what we should do and we lost that moment of God's visitation that we could have had establishment and consolidation of wonders. We got from the Lord quite many things but we did not get all he wanted to give to us because we could not strife together in unity. We soon lost that wonder that few of us are trying to get back from our scattered joints and it has not been that easy, but we trust the Lord that He will yet show unto us mercy in this bid, the rays, we now see; it should not have been this long and tedious. The price of unity is timely consolidation of victory!

Disunity waste resources and time, it creates an avenue for the enemy to keep wining and we keep suffering. We cannot completely exhaust the wonder in "Unity" for God also testify that "Behold the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Gen. 11:6

Bolaji

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print