Extra Mile with the Master
by Bolaji O.Timothy

Extract from Trip to moriah

On the eve of a transition, a master was to take a journey with a defined and divine destination through Gilgal, Bethel, Jericho and Jordan. All these places are necessary "crosses" for the transition but this servant was desperately committed to his master, he refused despite the horrible uncertainties , risk, tasking circumstances and confrontation and still chose to continue with his master.

Elijah told Elisha "tarry here" but this man was resolved "no I'll go further" What exactly is this man looking for? Should it be he wanted to know places or was he resolved based on the emotional tie with his master? I think he knew the implication of Elijah transition. He must have perceived the enormous challenges and responsibilities on ground while it was necessary for the master to transit. Probably he must have considered the cost of his abandoned Business and he did not do it for a mean and routine anointing; he had burnt his yoke of oxen and bid farewell to his family member because he was going to serve God under Elijah, learning dealing with God in his life.

Since God commanded Elijah to anoint this man, he must have seen something unique in the life of the master that is probably lacking in his life, yet there are responsibilities and challenges all in abundance, but the master must be taken away now. He may have dreaded the lack in his life if he must handle these, in the absence of the master; Elisha is known for his resoluteness. The decision to go extra mile with the master even though he had some little prophetic experiences was ultimately necessary for him.

By the way, Elisha was not the first servant that will be in prophetic apprenticeship with Elijah. A similar instruction was given to one servant in 1 king 19:3 when Elijah was depressed and had to run for his life. The same master, similar instructions to different servants with different attitude. The first servant may have stayed and probably may have commenced a prophetic ministry operating in the sphere of limitation, while another will not let go until he received the double portion of the master upon himself. It is very important to learn to go along with the master patiently and with focus till one obtain the real and resting of the master's spirit and anointing. Elisha continued, he would not tarry there and here. He would not listen to such counsel of the sons of the prophet in Bethel, and Jericho and he went ahead still.

At the last place, the master would not ask him any longer to tarry there and here nor were the sons of the prophets to counsel him any longer. They had gone afar off to view the uncertainty in the life of this man. In his further and father trip with the master, he had acquired a license to make a request of anything he wanted, another chance to make a choice, but he had eyes on the valuable things "the treasure of the kingdom" he said "let a double portion of your spirit be upon me " NKJV 1 king 2:9 A great thing he asked but the master attached a condition to this " if you see me" verse 10 this require a further concentration and focus. A moment you have gone so far, it is a moment you must seal with maximum concentration. The transition of the master was not announced or heralded by the trumpet. As they continued and talked, the heavenly chariot parted them took Elijah, but Elisha saw him and cried my father, my father what a sensitive moment. It would have been a great disaster to have gone these far and not see him. I can now understand the statement of Jesus "watch with me"

Understanding the burden of the master matters! He was in the journey to be taken away it could be like when God spoke to Moses anoint Joshua, you won't go yonder while Jesus was in the Gethsemane in the heat of the pain. He knew the gravity of what he might bear, the cross with all kinds of sins of different weights and designs hanging on the innocent shoulder of the son of God. They went with some selected few into the place called Gethsemane and began to be sorrowful even unto death. He said "tarry ye here and watch with me" Mathew 26 .Unfortunately this few selected disciples did not understand what was about to happen and how to handle the matter. Thrice he came to them and they were sleeping and their eyes were heavy.

At a certain moment in the life of a master near the time of transition they are the moment of transferring Uncommon Anointing. There are so many journey in the kingdom assignment that are lonely journey and in most cases, the master do not ask for so many hours to watch with him, but a very few hours. Unfortunately our eyes are too dim and heavy to watch with him as the disciples were. Probably if they had known the challenges lying a head of them or the responsibility before them they would have be desperate like Elisha, Elisha will not allow such distraction.


There is no need for any self enthronement into any post in the kingdom. Men who go extra mile with the master will automatically dictate the pace in their sphere. Not everyone that have the grace of spiritual sensitivity can go the extra mile with the master as indicated by the sons of the prophets, they knew the master was going to be taken and yet discourage Elisha in that risky venture! it is action packed moment, with high resoluteness and full concentration.

This is how God made a choice of men or women who can stand in strategic places. Handle sensitive assignment and commissioned into most coveted height. Please do not envy them if you cannot pay this price of going extra mile with God

There is the moment in the walk with the master, when he can commit himself to his servants. He will uncover everything and the secret of the mystery are given without any restriction and doubt. At such moment, you have almost the same authority as the master. He would be willing to get out of the scene because He is well assured He will be well represented but that moment are usually after a trip after many trips that you may want to say I quit, you will have many justified reasons to be unwilling. The wonder of the kingdom, the mystery of the master and the glory of the divine are only reserved to this special breeds of people who will not quit in the journey with the master, even when it is at their expense. Such men and women are qualified to be entrusted with uncommon place in the kingdom.

The extra mile with the master is usually a lone ranger journey; crowds cannot dare the rigour and commitment.

Men who have gone the extra mile with master do not have their authority and leadership endorsed by political and peoples principles they automatically have God's endorsement and the transition into such authority may take few hours or days but the king of kings must have been stirred up on his throne as he did in case of Steven and give resounding blessing as in the cases of Abraham in genesis 22. at that moment of transition, names are changed, status are elevated, authorities are established, trust are certified, hope is redeemed, confirmation concluded, "this one send him" declared by the master "this one I trust send him!"


VERY FEW MEN AND WOMEN GO THIS LONG AND THESE ONES ARE NOT MEAN!

Bolaji

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print