Have You Been Away from the Lord Jesus by Default
by Marijo Phelps

We might not be like the prodigal eating the food (slop) intended for pigs but are we as close to Jesus as we could be? Maybe we have been distracted by the tyranny of the urgent. Little fires to put out that just can't wait any longer. We run working on them to extinguish them. We make our lists and go to shop. We cook, bake and invite friends over, it is the "holiday season" after all. We get an e-mail invitation to a birthday party, it is an invitation to Jesus' birthday party asking if we are coming. Would we be there?

Yes, we run and hurry in the crowds of others who are doing the same thing, preparing. What exactly are we preparing for? Have we sometimes gotten so caught up in the process of Christmas that we forget to focus on whose birthday it is that we are celebrating? Besides focusing on our Lord and really listening to what He is speaking in this season maybe we can give. Yes, give of our time, food, cash, and focus to those who have little or nothing. Those bells ringing at the grocery store aren't just tradition. There are many families right in our communities who do not have. They do not have work, money, food or homes. Sort of like our Lord when He came into this world, "no crib for a bed" was not a song for Him, it was a reality. There was irony in the Creator of the universe being birthed and laid in a wooden structure intended to hold hay to feed sheep. He consented to this, came just for you and just for me. That should be in the main frame of our holiday focus. The saying goes "Jesus is the reason for the season". Maybe it is time to allow Him to realign our focus and place it squarely upon Him.

Oh, my Child, you're coming back. I'm there, arms spread to embrace. From here we go, my arms about you like a long awaiting reunion of two friends separated for a time but rejoicing in reunion together. Let me be the lifter of your head; your memories, your "muddle" the wandering flights of thought, the "what ifs". Allow my Spirit to give you perfect order along with which flows my peace. I cherish to bless you. Come, walk with Me. There will be those along the way that we will see and minister to together. My love for you is not static/stagnant but flowing/creative. SELAH.

If we listen closely, each one of us would hear these words whispered in our spirit by our heavenly Father. Unfortunately, there are times when we get caught up in the "cares of the world" and we don't grow as we should because we have forgotten that He is our shield. Spending time with the Lord lifts us up. We are His children and He is ready to receive us, all we need to do is run to Him.

Luke 15:17 "But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, 19 and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants."'
20 "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.21 And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

DIGGING DEEPER
What is the lord saying to you this morning? Read the following passages, and then write out what the verse is speaking to your heart.
1)Mark 9:35-37


2)Psalm 3:3


My commitment:



Prayer: Ah, my Jesus, please forgive me for being so busy that the clock ticked right by our meeting times. Thank you for opening Your arms to me like a little child that I sometimes feel I am. Thank you for rejoicing instead of punishing. Thank You for your unconditional love. Help me not to miss our meeting each day. It is I who lose. AMEN

(C)Marijo Phelps all rights reserved - use giving proper credit only.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print