Forgive Us Lord
by Steve Countryman

Forgive us Lord for our sins and sinful ways. Forgive us Lord for the sinful state of our country. Forgive us Lord for our apathy. Forgive us Lord for our self-deception. Forgive us Lord for our inaction. Forgive us Lord for allowing prayer to be removed from our schools. Forgive us Lord for our disobedience. Forgive us Lord for our arrogance. Forgive us Lord for our willful pride. Forgive us Lord for our self-centeredness. Forgive us Lord for allowing distractions to take our eyes off of you. Forgive us Lord for our stubbornness. Forgive us Lord for our lack of intimacy with you. Forgive us Lord for being too busy for you. Forgive us Lord for not spending time with you. Forgive us Lord for abusing you. Forgive us Lord for neglecting you. Forgive us Lord for taking you and your blessings for granted. Forgive us Lord for treating you like our genie in a bottle kept on a shelf. Forgive us Lord for our lack of reverential fear of you. Forgive us Lord for treating you as a god of convenience instead of the God of heaven. Forgive us Lord for treating you with casual indifference. Forgive us Lord for acknowledging and admiring your creation but ignoring the Creator.

Forgive us Lord for our complaining. Forgive us Lord for condoning sinfulness and wickedness by our silence. Forgive us Lord for allowing the murder of over 50 million unborn babies. Forgive us Lord for compromising away our beliefs and faith. Forgive us Lord for our tolerance of sinful lifestyles. Forgive us Lord for trusting in man's wisdom instead of trusting in you. Forgive us Lord for voting for candidates based on their lying promises instead of their Biblical views and their "fruit". Forgive us Lord for allowing the cares of this world to control our decisions. Forgive us Lord for our fears and doubts. Forgive us Lord for living by sight instead of by faith. Forgive us Lord for pretending to be Christians on Sunday and hell raisers the rest of the week. Forgive us Lord for our lack of commitment. Forgive us Lord for our lack of dedication. Forgive us Lord for our lack of passion for your righteousness. Forgive us Lord for not being and living Holy as you are Holy. Forgive us Lord for being slow learners. Forgive us Lord for "going around that mountain again".

Forgive us Lord for not learning and studying your Word. Forgive us Lord for not believing in ALL of your Word. Forgive us Lord for not following your Word and your ways. Forgive us Lord for discounting your miracles in your Word as acts that were only performed in the past and not for today. Forgive us Lord for not believing in you and the power of your Word. Forgive us Lord not learning the mistakes made through the history of the Bible to avoid repeating them today. Forgive us Lord for becoming more knowledgeable but not becoming wiser. Forgive us Lord for our short memories of your goodness. Forgive us Lord for complaining about your blessings. Forgive us Lord for our lack of thankfulness for all that you do and provide for us everyday. Forgive us Lord for being more concerned about offending others than offending you!

Forgive us Lord for hindering the movement of your Holy Spirit in us, to us, with us, for us and through us. Forgive us Lord for restricting your access in our daily lives. Forgive us Lord for our acceptance of wicked leaders and their gods. Forgive us Lord for allowing ourselves to be deceived. Forgive us Lord for years of complacency that allowed the wicked to silence the righteous. Forgive us Lord for us not sharing your Gospel and the salvation work of your Son Jesus with others. Forgive us Lord for our lack of faith and trust in you and your Word. Forgive us Lord for not laying our hands on the sick so they would recover. Forgive us Lord for not raising the dead. Forgive us Lord for not casting our demons. Forgive us Lord for our lack of compassion. Forgive us Lord for our lack of caring and loving others as you love them. Forgive us Lord for not fulfilling your will and destiny in our lives. Forgive us Lord for our excuses and lack of availability.

Forgive us Lord for not praying to you daily. Forgive us Lord for coming to you only as our last resort instead of coming to you first. Forgive us Lord for not praying for each other and for your country Israel. Forgive us Lord for reliving our past and repeating our mistakes instead of allowing you to change us. Forgive us Lord for allowing our past to dictate our future. Forgive us Lord for reciting our failures instead of declaring your promises. Forgive us Lord for our un-forgiveness and holding grudges. Forgive us Lord for blaming others instead of accepting responsibilities for our mistakes and misfortunes. Forgive us Lord for allowing people to tickle our ears with lies instead of hearing your truth. Forgive us Lord for letting you down and letting your country of America become less than you planned it to be.

Thank you Lord for your wonderful mercy. Thank you Lord for your long suffering. Thank you Lord for your awesome and powerful love! Thank you Lord for hating the sin but loving the sinner and the saints. And thank you Lord for forgiving us our sins!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print