The Use of an Agent
by Marie Grossett

With so many different publishing methods, it's no wonder why writers often ask me what is the use of an agent, since the traditional publishing methods are slowly evaporating.

The truth of the matter is traditional publishing never faded. A lot of the major publishing houses rarely take on unknown authors, which is why we have different publishing methods such as self and vanity to give aspiring authors a chance in getting their book in the market. They want the authors to have an agent and that is why all bestselling writers have them.

But an agent does a lot more than submitting manuscripts to publishers; personally I believe it's an agent's job to help you to become the best writer that you can be, to be there from the beginning to the end. An agent should provide you with honest critiques, help with the editing, publicity, book proposal etc.

Authors cannot do everything by themselves, you need guidance and support it is so important to have that especially in the publishing industry. You need another person that has a vast amount of experience within book publishing.

So is having an agent useful? If you take writing seriously and want to become a full time author then having an agent is extremely useful. If agents weren't useful then none of the bestselling authors would have them. It is estimate that sixty five percent of authors, who chose other publishing methods such as self publishing, go back to look for an agent as they want they book to be published by the traditional method.

If you don't take writing seriously and wrote a book for fun then having an agent is not for you.

The decision is yours on whether you want an agent or not, but don't rule us out completely there is still use with us.





Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print