Forsake Sin and Find Mercy
by Cindie York

Proverbs 28:13 He that covers his sin shall not prosper, but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

Dear Lord, help me not deceive myself or try to hide any sins, wickedness, or unholy aspects of myself. Reveal all besetting sins, every unclean part. Remove any pride or vanity that may hinder my confessions. Cleanse me completely, ridding anything that is disgusting, vile, or wretched. Sanctify this vessel thoroughly. Let there be no hypocrisy or false sense of righteousness. Help me not be desensitized to the evil this world tries to portray as innocent or okay and allow me to fully understand and embrace my convictions that I don't fall into the evil plan devised by the enemy to deceive and destroy the children of God.

Forgive me Father for my sins and help me always embrace that which is pure, holy, righteous, and true. Help me to continually confess my faults before You with sincerity and find a new day full of Your mercy, forgiveness, and grace.

In Your precious name, amen

I have been a Christian for 23 years.  I enjoy Bible study and growing in the knowledge of God's word.  I literally want to soak up God's Word like a sponge.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print