Out for a Walk
by PamFord Davis

Recently, my husband Norm passed by a neighbors home, noticing their vehicles parked in the yard. A short distance down the road, he discovered the couple who owns the home walking. He assumed they were having car trouble, stopped, rolled down his window and offered them a ride to town. They informed him that they were walking for the exercise.

Do I turn to walking with the Lord as a last resort, when troubles pelt? I'd rather choose to walk with him as an exercise of faith. Walking with him is the most fulfilling way to travel from point A-to-B. The road we travel together is narrow and often winding with unexpected potholes, but as he teaches, I hang onto his every word and watch my step. He's walking me home.

"Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him (Genesis 5:22-24 RSV)." God walked Enoch to his heavenly home; there's a lot of truth in the idiom; there is no place like it!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print