Overcoming fear in Children
by naomi Cassata

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

What kinds of things are you afraid of? Does God want us to be afraid?

Jesus was never afraid of anything: the dark, people, danger, dying, etc. Nothing scared Jesus because he knew God would take care of Him. He also knew that God was in charge. Nothing could happen to Jesus that wasn't God's will for him. The same is true for us. Jesus tells us "Do not fear!" The devil wants us to fear lots of things. But God tells us to remember that He is ALWAYS with us and that He will take care of us all the time.

At bedtime, Jackson's mom and dad tucked him in and turned out the lights. While Jackson was trying to go to sleep, he heard a noise. He wondered what the noise was and became scared. He kept thinking about the noise and wondered if it was a monster under his bed. Then he remembered what the Bible says, "When I'm afraid, I will trust in God." God was with Jackson. When we remember that God is with us, He takes our fears away.

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print