Love Letters
by lynda ventura

"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jer. 29:13


Do you remember the first time you fell in love? You picked up the phone with butterflies in your stomach, risking rejection; you dialed his /her number. When the answer was yes, nothing could beat that moment. The days that followed were blissful and carefree. For some, those early tender moments became the beginning of a life-long commitment. But for many of us, that first love brought us to our first heartbreak.
I remember finding a post "love" note written by my daughter when she was in second grade. It said in her child-like printing, "Der Jefery, I hate you. You like my cosin Ashley." I couldn't believe that her first heartbreak would be at the tender age of 7! Of course we all had a good laugh when we came across that note some ten years later. But it just goes to show that with great love comes great pain.
Sometimes when people experience heartache, they lock their hearts up and throw away the key. They put themselves in a position to allow people in just so far. Then when people start getting close, they push them away. It's hard to trust people when you have been hurt in your innermost special place of existence. So how does one get past that? I mean very few people really want to spend their life alone. So how do you get from point A...trusting no one, to point B having a mature, loving relationship?
There is a love that goes between those two points. It's a love that cannot be broken. It's a love that teaches us what love really is and it helps us to love others... I'm talking about God's love.
God's love is different from people love. There is no chance of heartbreak when you offer your heart to him. God's word says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jer. 29:11.
The promise for a secure relationship stands firm. Because it is not based on wishful thinking, it is based on God's word and His word is true.
The Bible is God's love letter to us. Reading it is how you get to know Him. A friend of mine once said of people who claim to know God but have never picked up a Bible, "How do you trust someone you don't know." It's true. We can't really trust God or His great love for us if we haven't read a single word from the Word. We can't develop our relationship with Him if we don't spend time with Him in prayer and study. We need to have dates with Godmaybe it's in the morning or in the afternoon. But at some point we need to set aside time just for Him.
God is so good. We can spend one hour with Him and He spends all day and night with us. And God doesn't just give us some of His love; He saturates us in it! God's love is secure. He tells us, "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you: I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4
Remember getting ready for that first date? Maybe you watched the clock, waiting for that minute to come when you would hear that knock on the door. Jesus says, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." Rev. 3:20 Talk about an exciting dinner plan!
But it all starts with a relationship. Let Jesus be the love of your life. Search for him in God's love letter to you, the Bible. God's word says as you seek Him, , "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." Jer. 29:12. When you call upon God, the answer is yes! He loves you and wants to spend time with you. Loving God first will never break your heart!

Lyn Ventura is a Christian writer from New England. She may be reached at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print