Shall I Accept Good from God and Not Trouble?
by Sonya Richards

Job 2:10 asks the question, "Shall I accept good from God and not trouble?"

As Christians we know that we must be committed to reading God's Word to feed our souls and to help us to grow and mature. Scripture is described in the Bible as an essential element for our very lives. It is called "a lamp unto my path," "a light unto my feet," "living water" for our spiritual thirst, and "bread for our souls." Jesus said, "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God".

When we feed ourselves on God's Word daily, it becomes a lifeline of sorts, a constant and dependable help in times of need. In our everyday life as things are constantly coming at us to throw us off track, the Word of God will come to us like rain on dry, parched ground, instructing us and equipping us for battle, encouraging us in times of struggle and strife.

The Bible IS the living Word of God and it IS alive and powerful and active and able to teach us all things. But sometimes God gives us a verse for our instruction and we grab onto it and run, saying, "Thank You Lord, thank You, I hear You loud and clear!" However, sometimes we THINK we hear loud and clear but we are really missing the point that God is trying to make.

The Lord has been teaching me to be submissive to HIM but I consider the sin of pride to be a pervasive cancer, invading so many areas of our lives that we will never get COMPLETELY free until we are made perfect in the image of Jesus Christ, the Lord in the next life; therefore, I must continue to learn more and more and to attack it in ALL the places it hides in my heart, as God continues to root it out and illuminate the truth to me. I have been going through a flare up of my condition for the past few days, and a verse from the book of Job has been repeating in my mind, "Shall I accept good from God and not trouble?" The Bible According to Sonya translates this as "This too shall pass" and even though I get a bit concerned, I certainly do not blame God. But every day, several times a day, for the past few days, I have been hearing this, "Shall I accept good from God and not trouble?" Today as I was preparing for work and the all too familiar feeling of fatigue was creeping in, I heard it again but this time I finally heard what God was trying to tell me. I was swallowing the verse whole, but what God wanted to feed my spirit was one bite at a time and one bite in particular. Here is what I heard today: "Shall I ACCEPT good from God and not trouble?"

Shall I ACCEPT my circumstance and therefore submit to the will of God even though I do not understand it? Shall I ACCEPT trouble as a part of life; which it is? Shall I ACCEPT this as being for my growth and learning? Or shall I SAY I accept, but in reality only endure? Anything that does not come from faith is sin. That is what God said.

I have always loved writing, more recently, have fallen madly in love with Jesus, and so I am happy to be able to join two things I love and to honor Him with the gift He so generously gave to me and to work to further His kingdom.  His Word will not return to Him void.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print