SAME SEX MARRIAGE
by ralph jackson

It is now August 2013 and society and the law consider the act of homosexuality should no longer to be considered abnormal but an alternative way to live by those who have the tendency to do so.  The law now says that homosexuals can receive the same financial benefits as married heterosexuals and no distinction should be made on the grounds of sexual preference. However, the 'gay' movement is not satisfied with just equality in secular law, they now want equality to be married in a Christian church by a Christian minister who is willing to carry out the ceremony. Gay’s can now marry each other - (Updated 2015).


 


Christian Churches and Homosexuality. The mainstream Christian churches today have not spoken out against the act of homosexuality but in many cases condone it. The God they are supposed to follow and listen to is silenced. No longer is the book containing His Word considered of any value on this matter. Popular human opinion and church traditions are now the standards by which society and the Church take their lead. The Bible has been put on the shelf and remains firmly shut.


 


God's Children.  All men and women are God's children whether they know it or not, or believe it or not. God created them all and warned them against certain practices, which would not only harm them individually but also collectively as a society and would bring shame upon them and upon their Creator.  God expressly forbid any form of immorality, but especially the sin of sodomy.  In (Genesis 19:5)Lot protected the strangers/angels who came to destroy Sodom from those who wanted to use them for sexual gratification.  The fact that Lot proposed to give his two virgin daughters in their place was not only to protect the strangers from harm but he also realised the wickedness of the act the men of Sodom want to carry out on his guests.  Later Moses wrote in (Leviticus 18:22):


You shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination”  In today’s translation it reads:  “Men shall not have sexual intercourse with a man, as a man has with a woman.” 


This is repeated in (Leviticus 20:13) but with the caveat that they shall be put to death”


Of course today we would not advocate putting anyone to death for sodomy, however God does not change, therefore the end result for anyone who practices sexual intercourse with someone of the same sex may live a full life, however, the end result of their life, will result in eternal death.  God cannot overlook an unrepentant sinful life and for the Christian who has been ‘born again’ into a new spiritual life, if he or she continues in their new life to commit homosexual acts, then there is no forgiveness for practiced sins.  To believe that God will still take them to heaven whilst committing what He has condemned is presumption on the part of the homosexual.  God still loves them, but sin can never enter heaven again and the person who clings to the sin, will die with the sin. 


In (1 Kings 14:24), Rehoboam the son of Solomon had been King of Judah seventeen years in Jerusalem. During his time, Judah did evil in God’s eyes, practicing all those evil things He had condemned. During this time there were sodomites in the land committing the abominations, which God had previously cast out of Israel.  If God cast out those who practiced homosexuality then, why then are we to think that He has now changed and will accept those who commit Sodomy? 


Before becoming Christians many of the Corinthians were not conscious of their sinfulness. They lived and acted out their passions as if what they were doing was normal. When convicted by the words of Paul,  (1 Corinthians 6:9-10),many realized they were doing wrong and were baptized, washing away their old life and rising to a new life in Christ. Their past sins were forgiven; they were sanctified (made holy; to be separated from all that is unholy to be a special people for God to live a new pure sinless life), and justified (making free from the guilt and penalty of sins previously committed against the law of God and to be unconditionally forgiven).  Also when writing to the Romans, Paul spoke of the unnatural practices that God hated but stood back and allowed them to practice to their own destruction.   (Romans 1:23-32; 1 Timothy 1:10)


 


Christ and a Sinful Woman. When Christ walked upon this earth He gave a particular example to us of what we should do if we follow a path of sin. Mary Magdalene had been caught in the act of adultery. When brought before Christ by her accusers, He said, "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone at her'. As each mans conscience accused him of sin, he dropped his stone and left the scene. Christ then said to Mary, "Women, where are they? Has no-one condemned you?" As she looked up those who had dragged her in front of Jesus were gone, so she replied "No-one, Sir." Jesus then said, "Then neither do I condemn you." He continued, "Go now and leave your life of sin." John 8:3


 


God’s Unconditional Love:  God does not change, He loves all people (homosexuals included) but he does not condone immoral sexual practices or other sinful acts against His Holy Law. Unconditional love does not mean all sinners who continue to disobey God’s moral law on this earth, will eventually be forgiven by Him on judgment day! He is merciful yes, but He is also Just and sin can never again enter heaven. If the sinner holds on to his sin, hoping for God’s love to save Him, he or she will be disappointed. God will always love his rebellious children, but He will not force them to change. It is only when a sinner accepts his need of forgiveness and heeds the words of Jesus to Mary Magdalene: 


 


"Go now and leave your life of sin" that a sinner becomes sanctified and justified by God. 


 


Paul also says to the Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 6:11


 


 "And that is what some of you were." But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."


 


The Sin of Homosexuality. Those who practice or promote homosexuality in the Christian church today may be good people; they may cause no harm to their neighbour, or even be a pillar in their local church; but as long as they continue to practice what God has condemned, they continue to be unwashed, unsanctified and unjustified in the eyes of God. 


 


Who Will Receive Eternal Life?In 1 Corinthians 6:9,  Paul the Apostle says:


 "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?”


 He then goes on to say who the wicked are: the sexually immoral, (those who have sexout of wedlockand with many partners); idolaters (those who worship images or objectsas deity. This can also mean to put worldly possessions above the needsof others). Adulterers - (sex with another other than the marital partner). Homosexual offenders, (committing the sex act with the same sex male-to-male or female-to-female. Thieves, (greedy people, drunkards, slanderers; and swindlers). (See also            (2 Timothy 3)


Starting a New Life in Christ.When a practicing homosexual becomes a Christian, like all sinners he or she must be baptized with water to symbolically wash away his/her past life and rise to a new one in Christ. He/she must put to death the old man of sin and live a new life in Christ. All past practices whether adultery; slander; hatred, homosexuality etc., must be removed from the new life. To continue in any practice that comes from the flesh and is separate from what God has allowed (i.e. sex within marriage), is a sin and if these sins are held on to then there is no forgiveness.    (Hebrews 10:26)


 


The Bible says:


"If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and leads a life of sin, then he will be condemned with the wicked and his past righteousness will be forgotten”.  (Ezekiel 18:26). 



God pleads with the wicked:


 


"Do I take pleasure in the death of the wicked? No, He says, “I am pleased when they turn from their wicked ways and live." (Ezekiel 18:23)


 


Man's Law or God's Law? The law of God today has been removed from society. Man's laws, which unlike God's law, changes with time. God's law remains the same now and forever and it is from this law that the entire human race will finally be judged. Our God is a jealous God. He is also a merciful God forever calling sinners to repent and turn away from their sins. However, if anyone refuses to listen, He cannot interfere with that person's choice. Therefore to continue practicing sinful deeds in the flesh that are against God's law, will result in God reluctantly letting him or her follow their own wide path to eternal destruction. 


 


"Flee from sexual immorality your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you whom you have received from God. You are not your own: you were bought at a price THEREFORE HONOUR GOD WITH YOUR BODY. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)



Christ gave up His life for you.


 


If you are a Christian and are continuing in sinful practices which are against the moral law of God, (The 10 Commandments), even if secular law accepts your sin as lawful, God is waiting for you to listen to HIS WORD and for you to admit your   helplessness to overcome your desires. He will give you the strength and determination to resist the lust of the flesh and He will overcome your desires within you.


Ralph Jackson August 2013


 


 



Ralph Jackson

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print